Notification alerts not loud enough?

chasmanz28

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Yes, but i want to know if its a software issue, and if anyone else is having this issue? Volume everywhere else is fine except for the notifications.

cellomj

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem volume on alerts. That's one of many reasons I returned my Nexus 6. You might try other notification sounds from an app like Zedge. Some alerts are louder/more piercing than others.

vgjfelix

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
Yes, but i want to know if its a software issue, and if anyone else is having this issue? Volume everywhere else is fine except for the notifications.

I have noticed this. Especially with facebook messenger. It's on my video list (see Video Journal thread) to do, unless it's fixed first :)

chasmanz28

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I like the phone just got it, wonder if a future update will fix this problem. Hopefully there aware of the problem and fix it! Since this doesnt have LED lights, volume is "kinda" important!

Curt Smith

Oct 14, 2017
Visit site
No your nexus alert sounds aren't loud enough. This forum including the,support folks are in denial.

Naked android is almost useless for business. Can't get to a needing even if there was a free million for just getting there on time. :(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No your nexus alert sounds aren't loud enough. This forum including the,support folks are in denial.

Naked android is almost useless for business. Can't get to a needing even if there was a free million for just getting there on time. :(

It can depend on the notification tone you use -- many of the preinstalled ones are relatively soft or innocuous. I use custom tones that are pretty loud -- in fact, when the notification goes off, it often startles my wife.

I use my Pixel XL all the time at work in the hospital. No problems there.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

Naked android is almost useless for business. Can't get to a needing even if there was a free million for just getting there on time.
Hogwash!
Zedge has a Twin Peaks tone that's a loop of the Leo Johnson character saying, "New shoes" in a sort of adult babyvoice that you can hear anywhere. And, BTW, you look nothing like Curt Smith! How dare you?!