Is there any way to make the notification alerts louder? Media volume is at max level.
    12-12-2014 11:36 PM
    You might try an app like Audio Manager (Pro). It let's you operate sound volumes independently.
    12-13-2014 12:09 AM
    Yes, but i want to know if its a software issue, and if anyone else is having this issue? Volume everywhere else is fine except for the notifications.
    12-13-2014 12:12 AM
    I had the same problem volume on alerts. That's one of many reasons I returned my Nexus 6. You might try other notification sounds from an app like Zedge. Some alerts are louder/more piercing than others.
    12-13-2014 12:19 AM
    Yes, but i want to know if its a software issue, and if anyone else is having this issue? Volume everywhere else is fine except for the notifications.
    I have noticed this. Especially with facebook messenger. It's on my video list (see Video Journal thread) to do, unless it's fixed first
    12-13-2014 12:21 AM
    I like the phone just got it, wonder if a future update will fix this problem. Hopefully there aware of the problem and fix it! Since this doesnt have LED lights, volume is "kinda" important!
    12-13-2014 12:22 AM
    Notification volume is relative to each user I think. My notifications are loud enough.
    12-13-2014 12:22 AM
    The volume is great on everything else, ring, watching movies, ect, ect, actually to loud.
    12-13-2014 12:30 AM
    No your nexus alert sounds aren't loud enough. This forum including the,support folks are in denial.

Naked android is almost useless for business. Can't get to a needing even if there was a free million for just getting there on time.
    10-16-2017 09:55 AM
    No your nexus alert sounds aren't loud enough. This forum including the,support folks are in denial.

Naked android is almost useless for business. Can't get to a needing even if there was a free million for just getting there on time.
    It can depend on the notification tone you use -- many of the preinstalled ones are relatively soft or innocuous. I use custom tones that are pretty loud -- in fact, when the notification goes off, it often startles my wife.

I use my Pixel XL all the time at work in the hospital. No problems there.
    10-16-2017 11:08 AM

Hogwash!
    Zedge has a Twin Peaks tone that's a loop of the Leo Johnson character saying, "New shoes" in a sort of adult babyvoice that you can hear anywhere. And, BTW, you look nothing like Curt Smith! How dare you?!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-19-2017 06:40 PM
    Zedge has a Twin Peaks tone that's a loop of the Leo Johnson character saying, "New shoes" in a sort of adult babyvoice that you can hear anywhere.
    That's awesome. I'll have to look for a sound file of Dougie/Cooper yelling "Helloo-ooooooooh!!!" to set as my ringtone!

EDIT: Ah, here we go: https://www.zedge.net/ringtone/1945047/
    10-19-2017 11:31 PM