Nexus 6 - When will it be on sale (VZW)?

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know, when VZW will be selling the Nexus 6 in their stores?

I was by a TMO store, and I went in to see the Nexus 6, and I fell in love with it! I currently have the Droid MAXX, on the edge program. I would like to continue on that with the Nexus 6. Thanks in advance!

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: Nexus 6

Does anyone know, when VZW will be selling the Nexus 6 in their stores?

I was by a TMO store, and I went in to see the Nexus 6, and I fell in love with it! I currently have the Droid MAXX, on the edge program. I would like to continue on that with the Nexus 6. Thanks in advance!

You can get it now from Motorola with financing (you mentioned you were on edge) and just pop your Sim in.

Posted via the Android Central App

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site

This is true, I was just on their web site and saw that option. Unfortunately, the model I want is out of stock, of course!

whtchdr

May 23, 2013
Visit site

I saw on android police that you would not be able to use the Motorola store version the nexus 6 on Verizon? Is that true?

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/1...or-that-carrier-and-what-you-can-do-about-it/

As long as you already have service with Verizon you should have little trouble activating a Nexus from Motorola or T Mobile. It's when you are a new customer that things get tricky. As long as you have an active nano sim you can just pop it right in.

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

I'm using an N6 I bought from Motorola, used the SIM from my droid Maxx. I have had no issues that I've see posted here with N6's on other carriers.

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

I would need to cut my sim, cuz I only have my Sim from the galaxy s3. What about what I heard about Verizon only having a certain amount of imei numbers or something, like the nexus 7lte? And not activating certain numbers above or below Verizon's set list? I assume that is not true, etc? And even t mobile nexus 6 works here? Wow.

Any of you ever cut your Sim? Safe enough?

Shenron

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

I would need to cut my sim, cuz I only have my Sim from the galaxy s3. What about what I heard about Verizon only having a certain amount of imei numbers or something, like the nexus 7lte? And not activating certain numbers above or below Verizon's set list? I assume that is not true, etc? And even t mobile nexus 6 works here? Wow.

Any of you ever cut your Sim? Safe enough?

I had a VZW Gnex with a micro sim and used a sim cutter to cut down to a nano sim. I popped it into my N6 and works flawlessly. I bought mine from Moto but have unlimited data with VZW so I'm keeping that as long as I can.

I also have a nano sim that I was able to get VZW to send me but in order to activate it the IMEI number needs to be in their system. But once they start selling the N6 they should have the IMEIs of the Moto & Google phones as well.

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

Thank you! Very helpful. Do you miss voice and data at the same time?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

I am currently checking the Motorola store and play store constantly for a white nexus 6. Does anybody know what time the play store updates their stock on Wednesdays?

And do I have to worry about that volte not coming to a nexus 6 on Verizon ? Can't I just root it and add whatever custom software that Verizon added, etc?

Shenron

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

Thank you! Very helpful. Do you miss voice and data at the same time?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I've pretty much have always been on VZW so I've never had simultaneous voice & data like GSM phones.

However, regarding VoLTE, I'm sure an N6 bought from Verizon will receive the update but it's still unclear if a Moto/GPS N6 on Verizon will get it.

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

I've pretty much have always been on VZW so I've never had simultaneous voice & data like GSM phones.

However, regarding VoLTE, I'm sure an N6 bought from Verizon will receive the update but it's still unclear if a Moto/GPS N6 on Verizon will get it.

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. And who knows how long it will take to come out on Verizon, if ever?

I have a galaxy s 3, and I believe i have simultaneous voice and data now. It's handy, to say the least.

Decisions, decisions...

Shenron

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. And who knows how long it will take to come out on Verizon, if ever?

I have a galaxy s 3, and I believe i have simultaneous voice and data now. It's handy, to say the least.

Decisions, decisions...

Are you currently on Verizon? If so, how do you have simultaneous voice & data? For CDMA carriers (Verizon and Sprint) you can only have it when you're connected to WiFi.

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

Are you currently on Verizon? If so, how do you have simultaneous voice & data? For CDMA carriers (Verizon and Sprint) you can only have it when you're connected to WiFi.

I am on Verizon... I don't have simultaneous voice and data? Let me check...

Yeah. I just called 611 on my Verizon galaxy s3 and logged onto clash of clans.

I think the Verizon s3 has a CDMA chip and lte

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site

Verizon, has sent out an updates to several phones, (MAXX and Turbo) that I know of so far, maybe a few others. The update enabled VoLTE, that allows you to have simultaneous voice and data over LTE. Also known as, "Advanced Calling 1."

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

And the only way that we could get both voice and data on Verizon would be with such a similar update, correct?

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site

And the only way that we could get both voice and data on Verizon would be with such a similar update, correct?
Yes, I believe so, unfortunately. It's something that they have to "turn on" on their end, then send an update to the phone.

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

Just talked to a customer service Rep, he could only say that to check back around the 1st for a nexus 6 phone, and also that any 4g capable phone would be able to reap the benefits of volte. Regardless of where it was bought. Take a grain of salt.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellie10