is it possible to get rid of it? I get some crackling with some audio files I got from zedge when they're really low, it's lame! I would rather have it the audio I set it up, not the gradual quiet to loud thing it keeps trying to do for everything. Examples are when I try to use speaker phone, receive a text, or an alarm I have set.
    12-15-2014 01:54 PM
    I actually love the gradual volume increase behavior you're describing. Don't know how to disable it, sorry.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    md308 likes this.
    12-17-2014 09:09 AM
    I actually love the gradual volume increase behavior you're describing. Don't know how to disable it, sorry.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    It's horrible with speaker phone calls.

Posted via the Android Central App
    NickA likes this.
    12-18-2014 05:49 AM

Yup, this is where I hate it most. Sometimes it's just straight quiet to loud, sometimes it's gradual.
    12-18-2014 09:49 AM

I maybe asking an obvious question, but this can be fixed with a software update..right? I do not think it is hardware.

My job requires frequent conference calls and it is really bad. can take seconds to hear anything after I press the speaker icon.
    12-18-2014 11:49 AM
    I maybe asking an obvious question, but this can be fixed with a software update..right? I do not think it is hardware.

My job requires frequent conference calls and it is really bad. can take seconds to hear anything after I press the speaker icon.
    same, I hop on a webex call, flip to speaker .. 1...2...3... ayyy I can hear everyone. Yes it's software.
    12-18-2014 11:59 AM
    same, I hop on a webex call, flip to speaker .. 1...2...3... ayyy I can hear everyone. Yes it's software.
    I know.... Me too... I start laughing as I miss a few seconds.
    Tell you, I have a 6+ and the sound is so much better at this point....clear, solid..speaker instant. I've been putting my Sim in the 6+ for work then in the n6 when I want to play around.

12-18-2014 10:17 PM
    I know.... Me too... I start laughing as I miss a few seconds.
    Tell you, I have a 6+ and the sound is so much better at this point....clear, solid..speaker instant. I've been putting my Sim in the 6+ for work then in the n6 when I want to play around.

ehh, I am done with IOS, had ios phones as my main since the original. Enjoying android a bit...I may go back to my nexus 5 though.
    12-18-2014 10:49 PM
    ehh, I am done with IOS, had ios phones as my main since the original. Enjoying android a bit...I may go back to my nexus 5 though.
    I agree w you. I switched to and prefer android since the iph 4...6+ is the first iOS device since.

I only use the 6+ for phone calls and the camera. ph quality is superior imho...at least on att.

12-19-2014 01:38 AM

Horrible? Why does everything have to be so dramatic? The only place I've noticed increasing volume is when the phone is ringing. And some of us happen to like it. So, annoying maybe.... But HORRIBLE?

12-19-2014 06:20 AM
    Horrible? Why does everything have to be so dramatic? The only place I've noticed increasing volume is when the phone is ringing. And some of us happen to like it. So, annoying maybe.... But HORRIBLE?

I would not say horrible, but it would be nice if you could disable it. It seems to be part of alarms, speaker (phone calls), and sometimes, at random, text messages are quiet then burst to loud. It's odd.
    12-19-2014 09:58 AM

Yes. Horrible and stupid.

12-19-2014 01:34 PM
    Yes. Horrible and stupid.

Did you return the phone? I wouldn't keep anything that was horrible!

12-19-2014 06:42 PM
    Did you return the phone? I wouldn't keep anything that was horrible!

I didn't say the phone was horrible. Pay attention.

12-19-2014 06:56 PM
    I didn't say the phone was horrible. Pay attention.

I'm just saying dude, why not just return the phone, Or have a little cheese with that whine and wait for the update!

12-21-2014 01:15 PM
    I'm just saying dude, why not just return the phone, Or have a little cheese with that whine and wait for the update!

Why would I return the phone? You're making no sense.

12-21-2014 03:38 PM
    Mod note: Everyone, let's keep in mind to keep things civil.

From an AOSP M8.
    Splaktar and Paul627g like this.
    12-21-2014 03:49 PM
    I know this is a year old thread, sorry for this late bump. But is there a solution to this problem???

My nexus 6 running stock 6.0.1 have this problem. But I can't find any settings for this within the phone system.
    01-05-2016 02:53 PM

Some people are just drama queens.
    01-06-2016 08:13 PM
    I know this is a year old thread, sorry for this late bump. But is there a solution to this problem???

My nexus 6 running stock 6.0.1 have this problem. But I can't find any settings for this within the phone system.
    It's not a problem, it's a feature. Android has been like this for ages.
    01-06-2016 08:14 PM