Has anyone been using the Daydream application on the nexus and noticed that it will only daydream in portrait mode regardless of your phone's orientation?

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-22-2014 02:35 PM
    Has anyone been using the Daydream application on the nexus and noticed that it will only daydream in portrait mode regardless of your phone's orientation?

I had not been using Daydream on the Nexus 6.. Just turned it on and it switches to Landscape or portrait mode when I move the phone.... What does your device say under "When device is rotated" at the bottom under display settings? Mine says rotate the contents of the screen and the other option is to keep in portrait mode...
    12-22-2014 02:56 PM
    I had not been using Daydream on the Nexus 6.. Just turned it on and it switches to Landscape or portrait mode when I move the phone.... What does your device say under "When device is rotated" at the bottom under display settings? Mine says rotate the contents of the screen and the other option is to keep in portrait mode...
    I have it set to rotate the screen contents, but it does not rotate to landscape mode as it should. Kinda weird! I've done a reset, but I may try a factory reset if it's just a bug on my device!

12-22-2014 04:53 PM
    OK, so I think I've further isolated the problem. It seems that when the phone is charging and goes to sleep while on a homescreen in portrait mode then it will not daydream in landscape mode. However, if the phone is on any screen other than a homescreen, then it will shift from landscape to portrait mode! So, in other words, it looks like the daydream application will function or rotate according to the last application your phone was using before it went to sleep. And, since our homescreens won't rotate then neither will the daydream. Is that the case for anyone else!?

12-22-2014 05:08 PM
    OK, so I think I've further isolated the problem. It seems that when the phone is charging and goes to sleep while on a homescreen in portrait mode then it will not daydream in landscape mode. However, if the phone is on any screen other than a homescreen, then it will shift from landscape to portrait mode! So, in other words, it looks like the daydream application will function or rotate according to the last application your phone was using before it went to sleep. And, since our homescreens won't rotate then neither will the daydream. Is that the case for anyone else!?

Not sure! I put mine on the charger have daydream set to activate after 1 minute and if I rotate the clock rotates.. even from the home screen...... strange.. no clue what it might be..
    12-22-2014 08:15 PM

No big deal in my opinion.

12-23-2014 04:39 AM

Then why respond? Save your time and move on if my post means nothing to you! No need to reply to this text either as your opinion is "no big deal!"

12-23-2014 09:50 AM
    Not sure! I put mine on the charger have daydream set to activate after 1 minute and if I rotate the clock rotates.. even from the home screen...... strange.. no clue what it might be..
    Thanks for that, kinda strange! Well, I'm OK with my workaround just don't want one bug to turn into ten!

12-23-2014 09:53 AM
    Thanks for that, kinda strange! Well, I'm OK with my workaround just don't want one bug to turn into ten!

Actually I think you may be right..... I had turned daydream on to see if I had the same issue and I had no issue getting it to rotate... but I forgot to turn it off.. Got to work and put my phone on the wireless charger this morning and noticed it went in to daydream mode... My phone was on the charger in portrait mode and I just turned it to landscape and the clock was stuck in portrait... didn't do that yesterday but it's doing it now....

Maybe it is based on the last screen you were in?? yesterday I did test it from the home screen on the charger and it did rotate but it won't now....

No clue....
    CHILLYWILL_95831 likes this.
    12-23-2014 10:12 AM
    Actually I think you may be right..... I had turned daydream on to see if I had the same issue and I had no issue getting it to rotate... but I forgot to turn it off.. Got to work and put my phone on the wireless charger this morning and noticed it went in to daydream mode... My phone was on the charger in portrait mode and I just turned it to landscape and the clock was stuck in portrait... didn't do that yesterday but it's doing it now....

Maybe it is based on the last screen you were in?? yesterday I did test it from the home screen on the charger and it did rotate but it won't now....

No clue....
    And, the plot thickens! I'm just thinking the orientation of the phone should definitely affect the daydream regardless of the app we were using! The workaround is easy enough though...

12-23-2014 12:14 PM
    Then why respond? Save your time and move on if my post means nothing to you! No need to reply to this text either as your opinion is "no big deal!"

Ugh, I get it. I HATE unnecessary posts!

http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...ml#post4134519

12-24-2014 06:06 AM

Every little problem/solution and tidbit of info, however small, for a particular device is worth discussion in my opinion. It's what makes these forums so complete and such a valuable source of information on devices that we all use so much. Not to mention all the fun conversation.
    12-24-2014 06:19 AM
    Ugh, I get it. I HATE unnecessary posts!

http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...ml#post4134519

Ok, so we don't seem to care for the others opinion, so let's just compromise and call it a truce!

12-24-2014 06:02 PM