Hi all - loving my N6 but for some reason, I cannot find the "display battery percentage" in the settings menu that would toggle on the battery percentage number next to the battery icon on the black notification panel at the top of the screen.

Once you pull down the notification shade, the battery percentage is displayed, but I'm used to seeing the percentage on the panel and wanted to know if it's still an option (or if my vision is truly getting as bad as I think it is).

Thanks! Happy holidays to all.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-24-2014 04:21 PM
    Settings/Device/Battery - all the way at the bottom. Not there? (And I know a fantastic ophthalmological surgeon if you're in the Fayetteville, NC area. Took my cataracts out with less fuss than putting a band-aid on a paper cut. Hurt a lot less too - not at all.)
    12-24-2014 04:38 PM
    Hi all - loving my N6 but for some reason, I cannot find the "display battery percentage" in the settings menu that would toggle on the battery percentage number next to the battery icon on the black notification panel at the top of the screen.

Once you pull down the notification shade, the battery percentage is displayed, but I'm used to seeing the percentage on the panel and wanted to know if it's still an option (or if my vision is truly getting as bad as I think it is).

Thanks! Happy holidays to all.

I use an app called Percent Enabler. Works good. But you better have good vision because the size is pretty small.
    12-24-2014 04:45 PM
    I use an app called Percent Enabler. Works good. But you better have good vision because the size is pretty small.
    Looks like that's a clone of the original one from XDA on the Play Store. Works great, no funky permissions, and yeah - the text is pretty small. Requires a reboot, and does it at system level, so the only way to 'undo' it is to toggle the setting in the app off and then reboot again (just deleting the app won't do it).

Display battery percentage?-screenshot_2014-12-24-19-25-23.jpg
    12-24-2014 06:24 PM
    Looks like that's a clone of the original one from XDA on the Play Store. Works great, no funky permissions, and yeah - the text is pretty small. Requires a reboot, and does it at system level, so the only way to 'undo' it is to toggle the setting in the app off and then reboot again (just deleting the app won't do it).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-12-24-19-25-23.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	226.1 KB 
ID:	156651
    To be honest, I don't even know why I have it installed. It's VERY hard for me to see, and most of the time I never go below 80% anyway. I can count on one hand the number of times I've gone below 60%. I'm not a power user, and I always have a charger handy if I did need one.
    12-24-2014 06:54 PM
    To be honest, I don't even know why I have it installed. It's VERY hard for me to see, and most of the time I never go below 80% anyway. I can count on one hand the number of times I've gone below 60%. I'm not a power user, and I always have a charger handy if I did need one.
    Yep, that 60% was after about 12 hours, not a particularly heavy-use day, but not light either. This is not last year's Nexus!
    12-24-2014 09:30 PM
    Thanks all. The Percent Enabler will work fine now, I just wish there was a way to display it more prominently between the network connections and battery display on the top black bar a la TouchWiz.

12-27-2014 08:36 AM
    Thanks all. The Percent Enabler will work fine now, I just wish there was a way to display it more prominently between the network connections and battery display on the top black bar a la TouchWiz.

Here's a couple of other apps that appear to highlight it a little more, with some font size/color options. Haven't tried either but both appear to be generally well reviewed.

Battery Percentage

Battery Status Bar
    12-27-2014 10:01 AM