Thinking of getting a nexus 6, but have some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I think it's to much of a coincidence that the nexus 6 has mediocre battery life and also has the fast charging capability.

I used the words "I think " and " to me". Those are opinions.

Opinion (noun): a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
Fact (noun): a thing that is indisputably the case.

The first part, requoted again since you still in the habit of selectively responding, is what I referred to when I indicated you were presenting opinion as fact. You said you 'think' regarding the likelihood of it being a coincidence that "the nexus 6 has mediocre battery life." Has is declarative; if it was opinion, you could have said 'seems to have' or 'has, in my opinion..." You don't indicate that your comment regarding relative (to nothing that you reference) battery life is opinion based. In other words, the way you phrased it implies that the battery life part is simply true.

If I say "I think it's the fault of Porsche's management team that the 918 Spyder is so sluggish 0-60," I'm asserting that it is a fact that it is sluggish (though I don't do readers the courtesy of setting a frame of reference), and that it is my opinion that the fact of its sluggishness it's attributable to the management team.

It's unfortunate for purposes of a good thread that you have continued in the pattern of selectively ignoring most of the counterpoints I and others have raised, or the need for context - I am hopeful that you might change course and respond actively with evidence and detail when people respond to you, backing up any of your actual direct assertions against the Nexus 6 with documented facts or at direct points of comparison to another product from which we can look at the contributing elements. With that, we would be able to conduct a constructive conversation that acknowledges facts in voicing relative strengths and weaknesses (and to what products or need fulfillment they are relevant) - that might help the OP and other interested parties come to an educated conclusion on their own.

gmermel

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I was not on 5.01.
I think part of the reason I still linger is that I hope there will be some news that'll make me give the nexus 6 a second chance
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you're serious about "giving the Nexus another chance", I presume you like android better than iOS. Maybe some of your perceived negativity is because your battery experience has forced you to make the compromise. If that's the case, I feel for you.

I did my research, and note that you were active on the "battery life" thread:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...oogle-nexus-6-battery-life-2.html#post4177041

I read it too. Prior to receiving the phone, I wasn't encouraged. However, like many, mine was "acceptable, not great" at first, and improved over the ensuing week or so of cycles to "better than adequate" (people had the same experience with the Droid Turbo. It started out excellent, made it to impressive after several cycles). My battery improved after 5.0.1 as well. My replacement phone's battery has performed identically to the first.

Suggestions? I presume you used the troubleshooting tips provided in the thread I sited, and came up empty.

That being the case, the only thing I can think of that will make the N6 work for you is to consider a pocket battery. I've got one that holds 3200mA, and isn't heavy or bulky. It lives in my car, not my pocket, for those days I fall short (hasn't happened yet). It'll be in my pocket when I'm on an airplane--much less bulky than my Nexus 7. By no means is this an optimal solution, but neither is using an iPhone if the battery, and not the OS, is what is keeping you from the Nexus:

http://www.amazon.com/Astro-Lipstic...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4180409

ray sital

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Opinion (noun): a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
Fact (noun): a thing that is indisputably the case.

The first part, requoted again since you still in the habit of selectively responding, is what I referred to when I indicated you were presenting opinion as fact. You said you 'think' regarding the likelihood of it being a coincidence that "the nexus 6 has mediocre battery life." Has is declarative; if it was opinion, you could have said 'seems to have' or 'has, in my opinion..." You don't indicate that your comment regarding relative (to nothing that you reference) battery life is opinion based. In other words, the way you phrased it implies that the battery life part is simply true.

If I say "I think it's the fault of Porsche's management team that the 918 Spyder is so sluggish 0-60," I'm asserting that it is a fact that it is sluggish (though I don't do readers the courtesy of setting a frame of reference), and that it is my opinion that the fact of its sluggishness it's attributable to the management team.

It's unfortunate for purposes of a good thread that you have continued in the pattern of selectively ignoring most of the counterpoints I and others have raised, or the need for context - I am hopeful that you might change course and respond actively with evidence and detail when people respond to you, backing up any of your actual direct assertions against the Nexus 6 with documented facts or at direct points of comparison to another product from which we can look at the contributing elements. With that, we would be able to conduct a constructive conversation that acknowledges facts in voicing relative strengths and weaknesses (and to what products or need fulfillment they are relevant) - that might help the OP and other interested parties come to an educated conclusion on their own.

I think the original poster has already made his/her decision. Thank you for your contributions and insight.

cozzy123

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I think it's to much of a coincidence that the nexus 6 has mediocre battery life and also has the fast charging capability.

To me the manufacturer is aware that the battery life isn't great and is compensating for it.

Fast charging is not a moto exclusive thing, basically most new android phones that have a snap dragon processor will do this as the processor is made to support it.

Their turbo charging plug just pushes that tech a little further.

Posted via the Android Central App

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm seriously shocked that the phone is still not in stock on Google play. Although I kinda did say I was sold on the note 4, I think honestly I'd miss stock android too much and the updates. So I'm probaly just gonna get the nexus 6. You know, if there ever in stock ...:/

I also heard thats theres burn in issues with the display. is this true? is this a major issue?

Last edited:

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm seriously shocked that the phone is still not in stock on Google play. Although I kinda did say I was sold on the note 4, I think honestly I'd miss stock android too much and the updates. So I'm probaly just gonna get the nexus 6. You know, if there ever in stock ...:/

I also heard thats theres burn in issues with the display. is this true? is this a major issue?

Not a problem for me. Maybe an iPhone user can give you expert advice on this matter.

Even when it is in stock it seems the folks always chiming in disappear for a day or so until it's out of stock again only to complain that they missed it.

I own the nexus 6, I love it. I came from the droid turbo. I only got rid of the droid turbo because I wanted unlimited data with t-mobile. What more do you need to hear?

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
It appears that the OP bought an iPhone 6 Plus yesterday. This is based on his post on iMore :)

With so many devices on the market these days, unless you're a blogger, forum owner, gadget reviewer, etc. you're not going to receive free devices to test for a week or two. So, either you have a bit of money and can afford to buy all the devices as they are released and test them, or you post on forums asking legitimate questions.

There is no other way to know which device is 'best' till you've tested them and asked those that are already using them. Again, forums are for discussions on various things, no? Otherwise, why even have a forum, or be a member of a forum? Rhetorical, of course...

gmermel

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
There is no other way to know which device is 'best' till you've tested them and asked those that are already using them. Again, forums are for discussions on various things, no? Otherwise, why even have a forum, or be a member of a forum? Rhetorical, of course...

My work here is done.

Ray, Ray, Ray......

If you've been in this thread for the singular purpose of obtaining reinforcement and approval then yes, your work is done, the OP has agreed with you. But that doesn't mean your "truth" is universal. Sure, the iPhone suits you. Finding people that agree with you does not make you or them "right", or smarter than others.

Presuming you read most posts in this forum, you've noticed that a number of people have tried both, and chosen the Nexus. Myself included. That being the case, it would seem you have much more work to do........

I'm still a "died in the wool" Mac user since 1984. Have you been alive that long, and god forbid, do you use a Windows PC? Yet both my phone and my tablet are Android devices, because the OS is far superior to iOS, emphasis on "FOR ME". Had VZW had the iPhone when I got my first smartphone I'm sure I would have never touched Android. But having been on Android before I tried the iPhone I was stunned (meaning me, not you, not Fred, not Sally....) to find iOS inferior.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Have had my Nexus 6 since November 18.. 2+ months now... No burn in issues with my screen at all... I have no clue what people are doing or not doing that is causing the burn in issue..... I guess I've just been very fortunate.. First off I actually got one.... and I've not had any issues with random rebooting, burned in screen, poor signal or battery life, back cover coming loose/off or an expanding battery....

ray sital

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Have had my Nexus 6 since November 18.. 2+ months now... No burn in issues with my screen at all... I have no clue what people are doing or not doing that is causing the burn in issue..... I guess I've just been very fortunate.. First off I actually got one.... and I've not had any issues with random rebooting, burned in screen, poor signal or battery life, back cover coming loose/off or an expanding battery....

Remember, just because your device is performing well does not mean other people are lying or doing something wrong.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Remember, just because your device is performing well does not mean other people are lying or doing something wrong.

Didn't at any point in my comment say that anyone was lying or doing something wrong................ There are bad devices out there and dependent on your location and carrier can have major affects on how your devices operates...... I just expressed back that I was lucky enough to get one and not have any of the issues others are expressing with their devices on here...

gmermel

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site

And my son isn't lying about having his iPhone 6 screen replaced because a number of pixels died. Yada, yada......

Ray, your participation in this thread baffles me, but keep at it. I could stop paying attention to you, but I'm fascinated and hope to figure it out........

Last edited:

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Remember, just because your device is performing well does not mean other people are lying or doing something wrong

I'll play a little devil's advocate here, but you aren't practicing what you preach.... If anyone goes around and looks at your posts, it's negative post about how the phone is a piece of crap and the battery stinks, etc. You are projecting your own personal experience and assuming everyone else has come to the same conclusion. Just because your device didn't perform well doesn't mean other people are lying or doing something wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12