Battery Life Concerns on Nexus 6

coreyacole

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Just got my phone a few days ago. I know that my initial playing was draining the battery, but last two days, the battery life seems horrible. The phone constantly predicts that I'll get 8 hours or so.

With 39 min of screen time, I'm at 87% and it's predicting 7 more hours. I'm thinking that cell signal is the culprit, but even my note 3 wasn't this bad. I usually got almost a full day from it.

I'm hoping I didn't get a bad phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 3795.jpg
    3795.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 306

coreyacole

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I never said I had an inside tip. I said I had a website glitch, which I subsequently edited and explained in that thread.

This thread is about why my Nexus battery life seems abysmal.

Help with that rather than shots at my already admittedly incorrect prediction would be appreciated.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I never said I had an inside tip. I said I had a website glitch, which I subsequently edited and explained in that thread.

This thread is about why my Nexus battery life seems abysmal.

Help with that rather than shots at my already admittedly incorrect prediction would be appreciated.

Any chance that it could be an app in the background that's causing this? Definitely shouldn't be about to die so quickly.

QWIKSTRIKE

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I get a full day and some, but I have full brightness on, adaptive brightness off, NFC off, LTE off unless I surf the web, Cloud print off,, and auto wi-fi turned off as well.

coreyacole

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Any chance that it could be an app in the background that's causing this? Definitely shouldn't be about to die so quickly.

I've checked all my apps. According to the battery, the screen is the biggest drainer. My hope is that it's predicting time remains based on my first few days of heavy usage.

Just checked it and it's now saying 11 hours to empty. So maybe me just putting the phone down and focusing on the kids for Christmas is what I needed to do.

I also am getting T-Mobile to send me a cell spot to fix coverage at home.

Maybe I'll try to weed out some apps that I don't use and see what happens.

Good to know it settles after a week or so. Guess I was just used to the performance of my year old Note 3 and didn't think about me constantly picking up the new hotness.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Facebook app can be a battery hog. Big time.

Funny that you mention that, cause I heard the same thing; exactly why I got rid of it. Besides, I think Facebook is a waste of time, anyway. What shocks me, though, is Facebook comes preinstalled on the Note 4, and you CAN'T get rid of it.

vaughaag

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
My battery is getting better but it still drains more than it should when on standby and in general when compared to my partners Moto X.

Xmas day my iPhone and Nexus were taken off charge at pretty much the same time, both received a few texts, notifications and I answered a call on the iPhone. The next day, at around 1200, the iPhone was at 89%, Nexus 63%.

Posted via the Android Central App on Nexus 6

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Battery life is fine for me. I have achieved 5 hours screen time. Keep it at 45% brightness and adaptive brightness off.

I am a moderate to light user.

Posted via my Nexus 6!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-14-21-31-29.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-14-21-31-29.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 213

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
My battery is getting better but it still drains more than it should when on standby and in general when compared to my partners Moto X.

Xmas day my iPhone and Nexus were taken off charge at pretty much the same time, both received a few texts, notifications and I answered a call on the iPhone. The next day, at around 1200, the iPhone was at 89%, Nexus 63%.

"It's an Android thing", so I've been told. Android always has things running in the background, as opposed to the iPhone, so that explains the drain. For example, my friend showed me her battery stats on the 6+, and at the time the battery was at 73%, with 4 hours of screen on time and 11 hours of standby. That's an awesome battery life. I guess it's a trade off. Blackberrys and iPhones may not have world-beating specs, but they are very efficient in terms of performance and longevity. I had a Blackberry Torch and loved the fact that I could go late into the next day on a single charge still having 40% of battery left. However, at the time, I hated the lack of app support. If I wasn't so used to Android's openness, and I could afford to be in Apple's ecosystem, I might have gone that route, but alas.

vaughaag

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Reading a few of the posts on here, I've turned ambient display off and battery drain is allot less. I've also changed from 4G to 3G as my local area has no LTE/4G.

pgg101

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
It's a new phone so perhaps you are playing with it a lot more than normal, so it's predicting the battery life based on your heavy usage?

Posted via the Android Central App on my BlackBerry Passport

vaughaag

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
2h38m screen time with 45% remaining, a little better today.

Attachments

• 2855.jpg
    2855.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 155

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Facebook app can be a battery hog. Big time.

Heh. Battery, CPU, data, storage...

I forget where I read it, but some place analyzed a bunch of the worst Android apps in those categories, and Facebook was at or nearly the top offender in all of them.

AC App
Nexus 6

vaughaag

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
I tend to use the same core apps each day and I cannot say that there has been any pattern in their battery usage and I don't remember Facebook ever being top or near top.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463