I want a Nexus 6 but...

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
So as soon as Verizon gets the Nexus 6 I am still considering switching. I like the bigger phones. However I have the DROID Turbo now and love it. Amazing batter life nice camera etc.

My concerns when comparing the two:
Battery life
Camera
Wireless charging

I have been a Samsung person for a long time now but have enjoyed my Turbo a lot, but I have always wanted a Nexus device. Opinions? Thanks in Advance!

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I can speak on two of your concerns. Personal observations, of course.

Battery is great after the first week. Mine took a bit to settle in.
Since the 5.0.1 update, the use while at idle is nothing. I pick it up after it sitting for an hour, and it says I have like 43 hours of power left.

Camera is very good. Best I have had had. Not gonna win any photography awards but very good for a phone.

No experience on the wireless charging.

It is a fantastic device.

Mav. :cool:

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band Nexus 6.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I can speak on two of your concerns. Personal observations, of course.

Battery is great after the first week. Mine took a bit to settle in.
Since the 5.0.1 update, the use while at idle is nothing. I pick it up after it sitting for an hour, and it says I have like 43 hours of power left.

Camera is very good. Best I have had had. Not gonna win any photography awards but very good for a phone.

No experience on the wireless charging.

It is a fantastic device.

Mav. :cool:

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band Nexus 6.

Good to know about the idle time, it was one of my concerns, thank you.

Posted via the Android Central App

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Why wait for Verizon? Just get one off the Play Store and you're all set.

gmermel

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
So as soon as Verizon gets the Nexus 6 I am still considering switching. I like the bigger phones. However I have the DROID Turbo now and love it!
Had both for a week, and kept the nexus. The battery on the nexus isn't comparable, but especially with 5.01 it is more than adequate. I'm getting a much as 18 hours of life with over 5 hours of screen time. And have made it over 24 hours with 3-4 on screen.

The reason for all that use is what I love about it. The screen is a critical step up from the turbo in that using it in lieu of my Nexus 7 had become second nature. The turbo was easy to use that way, but in the limited fashion associated with phones. I would never use it in the house where the tablet was around, and I would still have taken the tablet on plane rides. A spare battery and the 6 us all I'll need on my need next trip.

Once I played with the 6 for a while I would have been very sorry if the battery had forced me to keep the turbo.

icellphones32

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I have Verizon too, I just bought an AT&T Nexus 6 from craigslist. Had them unlock it, put my Verizon Sim in and boom. I gotta Nexus 6 working on Verizon with no problems, LTE, text, phone calls everything worked instantly. Dont wait till next year, I wanted one now. Glad I didn't wait! Let me know if u have any questions.

spawndoodling

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Regarding battery life, you're not going to get Turbo-esque battery life, but you are going to get 5+ hours of on screen time which is pretty good, I would say. The turbo charger ultimately offsets the N6's battery because it charges so fast....I can get to full charge using the included turbo charger in under an hour. So whenever I see my battery percentage is low, I'm confident that I can plug it in and be good to go soon thereafter. And the charge holds very well.

As for wireless charging, I've been using the Aukey Luna charger which is amazing by the way. Works like a charm. I have a Spigen case on top the N6 and the charger still works. Also, unlike other wireless chargers, the Luna is big enough to fit the N6.

Honestly, there is hardly anything negative I can say about this device. It's fast, the camera is great (ring flash does wonders in low light), Lollipop is gorgeous, Material Design takes advantage of a bigger screen size, and its form factor is not at all difficult to get used to. Two weeks in and this is the most confident I've felt about a phone purchase in my life.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Only thing I'd add to the above is in regards to the wireless (Qi) charging. It works fine, but is a little slow compared to a normal charger, and painfully so compared to a turbo charger.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995