Correct my text

rhar75

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Is there any way to make my nexus 6 automatically correct words that have been incorrectly typed? it quite often provides words to select that are correct but I would rather it just corrected it like iphones do. It's a bit irritating when the wrong word gets selected but surely a guess at a word is better than not correcting it at all.

I don't see the point in the phone allowing you to type words that aren't words. or do I just need to look at what's being suggested and hit what I want to say. Maybe it's just a case of getting used to it. The problem I think I have with that is, I'm having to read and type at the same time, and me being a bloke we don't do that so well.

Any suggestions?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
SwiftKey Keyboard + Emoji has an autocorrect function. Personally I find it annoying - quite often it'll auto-mess-up something I've typed. But if you regularly make typos, I guess having adn changed to and is a good thing.

rhar75

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I've just installed SwiftKey keyboard and it seems to be doing a much better job. All though I did prefer how the Google keyboard deletes words when you hold the delete key down.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Menu > Settings > Language & Input > Google Keyboard > Text Correction > Auto-Correction

With this turned on (which I believe it is, by default), you'll see suggested corrections brought up. Once you hit the space bar or any punctuation, it'll automatically select the highlighted word in the middle, so you don't have to manually select it.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Menu > Settings > Language & Input > Google Keyboard > Text Correction > Auto-Correction

With this turned on (which I believe it is, by default), you'll see suggested corrections brought up. Once you hit the space bar or any punctuation, it'll automatically select the highlighted word in the middle, so you don't have to manually select it.

Right and you can select its aggressiveness on the auto correct.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza