05-21-2015 12:42 PM
156 123 ...
tools
    Has anyone else had this problem? I took my case off to find the back plastic cover had started to peel off. The glue holding it on can't be very good! Don't really want to start pouring glue into the back of my phone in an attempt to fix it...
    12-27-2014 05:10 PM
    Has anyone else had this problem? I took my case off to find the back plastic cover had started to peel off. The glue holding it on can't be very good! Don't really want to start pouring glue into the back of my phone in an attempt to fix it...
    First time I've heard that happening to anyone. Seems like a defect. Hasn't happened to me.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-27-2014 05:25 PM
    Im having the same problem my nexus 6 back cover is peeling off under the power, volume buttons...
    12-27-2014 09:22 PM
    I just took my case off to check and no issues with mine.

Posted via my Nexus 6!
    12-27-2014 09:33 PM
    Thats where mine is coming off too, also started peeling off on the opposite side too now.
    12-28-2014 03:38 AM
    Thats where mine is coming off too, also started peeling off on the opposite side too now.
    So,is it just an issue with glue or something els.?!
    12-28-2014 04:32 AM
    Im having the same problem my nexus 6 back cover is peeling off under the power, volume buttons...
    Same, its VERY minor but there. I have an AT&T one so I plan on buying a new back plate without the death star anyway
    12-28-2014 10:29 AM
    Shoot mine too. Just took my case off and notice the lift. I can put my fingernail in there. Only on the side with the volume rocker
    12-28-2014 10:54 AM
    Hmm, a bit concerning considering how new this phone still is. I was really sold on the "quality build" claims for the N6.
    12-28-2014 11:27 AM
    Hmm, a bit concerning considering how new this phone still is. I was really sold on the "quality build" claims for the N6.
    Yeah I've only had mine two weeks and in a case the whole time.....bit concerning here too. I also noticed one of my letters is starting to come off. Sigh
    12-28-2014 12:07 PM
    Just checking mine and no problem..
    12-28-2014 12:51 PM
    Shoot mine too. Just took my case off and notice the lift. I can put my fingernail in there. Only on the side with the volume rocker
    would it cover under the warranty?
    12-28-2014 01:11 PM
    I would totally call for a replacement. That's covered under 1 yr manufacturers warranty.
    Even if you have to wait a little, send your old one back when you receive it...
    No brainer..

12-28-2014 02:11 PM
    Any of you able to take pictures? I would like to see what you are talking about.
    RealDogBoy likes this.
    12-28-2014 09:03 PM
    Are these Google Play store Nexus 6s or from the carrier store? Was just wondering.
    12-29-2014 06:31 AM
    I had the same issue, back popping up along the side. Since it's a non-removable back this is definitely a manufacturer defect covered under warranty. I took mine back to ATT, they gave me another brand new one, no charge.
    Definitely contact who you bought it from, they should replace it.

12-29-2014 07:20 AM
    Yeah I've only had mine two weeks and in a case the whole time.....bit concerning here too. I also noticed one of my letters is starting to come off. Sigh
    How are the letters coming off?
    12-29-2014 07:46 AM
    How are the letters coming off?
    There is a whole thread about letters coming off on here or XDA. They are just stickers. Part of my N was coming off and I pressed it back down. Lol. Anyway mine is straight from Motorola so I could warranty it.
    12-29-2014 09:01 AM
    Wondering how many of you guys are using wireless charging or are particularly heavy game players.

The only explanation I might have for both peeling letters and softening glue is if the device is often running very hot.
    12-29-2014 09:51 AM
    Wondering how many of you guys are using wireless charging or are particularly heavy game players.

The only explanation I might have for both peeling letters and softening glue is if the device is often running very hot.
    still not good.
    12-29-2014 09:54 AM
    You've got to be kidding me??!! What happened to all the reports of "great build quality"? Between this, Ambient Display not working consistently, Trusted Devices/Places not working reliably, and still having people with random reboots and/or black screens, I am wondering why I still want this phone. DH is an iPhone all the way guy, and I'm having a hard time explaining to him why I want this phone----mostly because I'm starting to doubt it myself. Yet I cannot see myself ever being happy with an iPhone. So what's left? Samsung? I'm serious---I'm on the verge of going to AT&T and buying the N6, but there seems to have been not much movement toward resolving these issues so I hate to commit to the phone only to find it remains problematic. OTOH, if I change course and go to the Note 4, which I'm sure I would like in many ways, I will be so sorry I didn't stick it out with the N6 if they address all these issues successfully. Customers like me really need Google to step up and admit there are problems, what those problems are, and assure us that they were working on those issues specifically. Otherwise, we're just supposed to believe that they know and will address them ASAP? Is it asking too much that they get a phone and its OS working out of the box before they move on to the next device and OS?
    12-29-2014 09:56 AM
    You've got to be kidding me??!! What happened to all the reports of "great build quality"? Between this, Ambient Display not working consistently, Trusted Devices/Places not working reliably, and still having people with random reboots and/or black screens, I am wondering why I still want this phone. DH is an iPhone all the way guy, and I'm having a hard time explaining to him why I want this phone----mostly because I'm starting to doubt it myself. Yet I cannot see myself ever being happy with an iPhone. So what's left? Samsung? I'm serious---I'm on the verge of going to AT&T and buying the N6, but there seems to have been not much movement toward resolving these issues so I hate to commit to the phone only to find it remains problematic. OTOH, if I change course and go to the Note 4, which I'm sure I would like in many ways, I will be so sorry I didn't stick it out with the N6 if they address all these issues successfully. Customers like me really need Google to step up and admit there are problems, what those problems are, and assure us that they were working on those issues specifically. Otherwise, we're just supposed to believe that they know and will address them ASAP? Is it asking too much that they get a phone and its OS working out of the box before they move on to the next device and OS?
    What's wrong with Samsung?
    12-29-2014 09:58 AM
    What's wrong with Samsung?
    Actually, when I started looking for a new phone, I was sold on the Samsung Note 3. The Note 4 was just around the corner, so I figured I would wait a bit and get a good bargain on the Note 3. Then I started reading about the Nexus 6 and it lured me away.

There is nothing wrong with Samsung that I am aware of. However, I did think that a phone that was kept more simple in terms of software, like the Nexus 6, would have greater longevity. I am not like a lot of the people who come here, who like a new phone every 12-18 months. I like to get a phone that does what I need it to, get it set up the way I like, and have it last as long as possible. While a new OS is always exciting, it also comes with a learning curve and a lot of things that need to be fixed. I don't really need that excitement in my life. I'd rather stick with what works a bit longer.

In trying to explain my choice to DH, who can't understand why I wouldn't just pick up an iPhone like his, this is what I told him: When I buy a new PC, the first thing I want to do is strip off the operating system and all the extra stuff that the manufacturer has put on it and start fresh. Now I'm not so advanced that I install Linux or do anything really novel with the computer----I just make sure that I have what I want installed on my computer and ONLY what I want. I also have the UI set up the way I work and think for most efficient use. That's what I want from my Android phone. Just as I haven't gone the Linux route, I don't want to root my smartphone. So, bottom line, I love the specs of the Samsung Note 4 and much of what it offers----but, like my computer illustration, it is loaded down with all sorts of things that I don't need/want. So I have to think that, over time, there will be some slow down and problems having so many things included in Touchwiz, loaded on top of the Android OS.

Another selling point for me is that the N6 already has Lollipop and, hopefully, will become stable with it soon; whereas, Samsung has yet to go through the process of integrating Lollipop into their phones. I still remember all the complaints with the Note 3 when KitKat began loading on the phone.

Bottom line, I'm still intrigued by both Samsung Note 4 and the Nexus 6. They each have their pluses and minuses. I thought the N6 had the cleanest interface, which is what I want. But, no matter how clean, if that interface isn't working on several levels, I'm not going to be happy.
    12-29-2014 10:10 AM
    Actually, when I started looking for a new phone, I was sold on the Samsung Note 3. The Note 4 was just around the corner, so I figured I would wait a bit and get a good bargain on the Note 3. Then I started reading about the Nexus 6 and it lured me away.

There is nothing wrong with Samsung that I am aware of. However, I did think that a phone that was kept more simple in terms of software, like the Nexus 6, would have greater longevity. I am not like a lot of the people who come here, who like a new phone every 12-18 months. I like to get a phone that does what I need it to, get it set up the way I like, and have it last as long as possible. While a new OS is always exciting, it also comes with a learning curve and a lot of things that need to be fixed. I don't really need that excitement in my life. I'd rather stick with what works a bit longer.

In trying to explain my choice to DH, who can't understand why I wouldn't just pick up an iPhone like his, this is what I told him: When I buy a new PC, the first thing I want to do is strip off the operating system and all the extra stuff that the manufacturer has put on it and start fresh. Now I'm not so advanced that I install Linux or do anything really novel with the computer----I just make sure that I have what I want installed on my computer and ONLY what I want. I also have the UI set up the way I work and think for most efficient use. That's what I want from my Android phone. Just as I haven't gone the Linux route, I don't want to root my smartphone. So, bottom line, I love the specs of the Samsung Note 4 and much of what it offers----but, like my computer illustration, it is loaded down with all sorts of things that I don't need/want. So I have to think that, over time, there will be some slow down and problems having so many things included in Touchwiz, loaded on top of the Android OS.

Another selling point for me is that the N6 already has Lollipop and, hopefully, will become stable with it soon; whereas, Samsung has yet to go through the process of integrating Lollipop into their phones. I still remember all the complaints with the Note 3 when KitKat began loading on the phone.

Bottom line, I'm still intrigued by both Samsung Note 4 and the Nexus 6. They each have their pluses and minuses. I thought the N6 had the cleanest interface, which is what I want. But, no matter how clean, if that interface isn't working on several levels, I'm not going to be happy.
    That makes perfect sense to me. I completely understand why you would want the Nexus 6. I too am a little disappointed in the reports about the build quality. I'm not exactly sure why it disappoints me, because I have a Note 4 and have no intention of getting the Nexus 6. Maybe its because I have always been a fan of the Nexus line and want to see it do well. Motorola is supposed to be known for as great build quality so to learn of these issues is concerning.
    12-29-2014 10:18 AM
    It is not unusual for new devices to have small build issues even the nexus line. Remember the buttons and speaker holes were changes a few months after the Nexus 5 launch. Does not make it any less annoying. I have the google play N6 and no issues so far.

I would exchange mine if I had that issue this soon.

Posted via my OnePlus One!
    12-29-2014 12:09 PM
156 123 ...