Battery - average or below

Cincybearcatfan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
No streaming. It just at on my desk most of the day. WiFi signal is strong. I am a teacher and I have a strong signal in my room.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
No streaming. It just at on my desk most of the day. WiFi signal is strong. I am a teacher and I have a strong signal in my room.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

If you have another day like that, could you post a screenshot of battery utilization? Might point out which apps are hogging energy, or if it's a phone issue.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
With my Note 3 I would take off charge at 7am, use all day for work and personal use (emails, phone calls, specific work apps, games) and by 5pm would be around 40-50% battery. Would then still play games at home and place back on the charger around 11pm usually around 20-30% battery. I left the device on as I use it as an alarm clock. I got about the same with my Note 2.

With the Nexus 6 I'm getting about 10-15% better than what's posted above. So I'm going to say I'm getting above average battery use during the day.

Cincybearcatfan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
If you have another day like that, could you post a screenshot of battery utilization? Might point out which apps are hogging energy, or if it's a phone issue.

Battery life has been better since then. Pretty much what I'd expect. At 5:00 I have around 62% left now. Why is it when I hit battery it doesn't give me the number of hours, minutes and seconds that my phone has been off of charger?

Also, on a semi-related note, the Turbo Charger doesn't seem to be "Turbo Charging". It charges fine but I'm not seeing a rapid charge. Is there something that I'm missing here? Like a setting that I should have checked somewhere allowing this feature?

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Battery life has been better since then. Pretty much what I'd expect. At 5:00 I have around 62% left now. Why is it when I hit battery it doesn't give me the number of hours, minutes and seconds that my phone has been off of charger?

Also, on a semi-related note, the Turbo Charger doesn't seem to be "Turbo Charging". It charges fine but I'm not seeing a rapid charge. Is there something that I'm missing here? Like a setting that I should have checked somewhere allowing this feature?

I think the phone has to be powered off for Turbo Charging to really work. I may be wrong, but I could swear I've seen someone say that. Also, it works when the phone's battery is at pretty low power. Once it gets the initial burst of quick juice, it levels off and slows charging to a more "normal" pace. Someone can feel free to refute me here, though.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I think the phone has to be powered off for Turbo Charging to really work. I may be wrong, but I could swear I've seen someone say that. Also, it works when the phone's battery is at pretty low power. Once it gets the initial burst of quick juice, it levels off and slows charging to a more "normal" pace. Someone can feel free to refute me here, though.

Posted via the Android Central App

Nope, that's spot on. Compliant chargers step up voltage to as high as 12v and 3A when the battery is at a very low charge, then as it fills moves to 9v, and finally to 5v (standard) charging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37