I have a rooted nexus 6 . When i download a song using music download apps from playstore they donot show up in the music player tracklist. I use musiXmatch to play music . When i download a song it gets stored in the music folder in storage. The player reads all the songs that present in the music folder but the one downloaded from the app. The music file i downloaded and the pre existing music files are the same type audio/mpeg. What can be the problem here. Plese help me. Also what does (w),(j),(c) mean ?
    01-06-2015 09:14 PM
    I have Power Amp on my GPE HTC One and that doesn't see Play Store music downloads either. No idea why.

Posted via Android Central App
    01-07-2015 10:13 AM
    I have found that when I add new albums to the existing music folder they do not show up in Play Music. One way to solve this is to delete the Play Music app. and re-install it which is a nuisance. Another way is to install the ES File Explorer app. This lets you look at the directory structure of the music folder and allows you to associate an app. with a particular folder. For example my Music folder has about 100 sub-folders in it. When I copy a new folder to the Music directory I use ES File Explorer to associate it with the Play Music App. It then shows up correctly in the Play Music Albums etc.
    01-11-2015 06:27 AM
    I don't think Play Store/Music content can be played in anything but Play Music app.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-11-2015 08:19 AM
    I have ES File Explorer, it doesn't show Play Music files either.

01-13-2015 06:13 AM
    I have Power Amp on my GPE HTC One and that doesn't see Play Store music downloads either. No idea why.

Poweramp -> Settings -> Folders and Library -> Rescan.

Does that solve the problem?

Most all music players have a folder rescan function. Look for it in the app's settings.
    01-13-2015 07:57 AM