nexus 6 through Sprint -Broke glass

Karicat

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
When I bought the nexus 6 from the Sprint store on Christmas eve, I was told this phablet had Gorilla glass. When I looked later at the specs, I was unable to ascertain whether or not it did have Gorilla glass. So tonite I was walking to the store and it was in my hand just above knee height ... Yep...IIt slid right out of my hand and completely shattered the screen glass.
Does anyone think I have a chance at having them replace the glass for free? It seems like it would not have broke from 2 1/2 feet. I'm so chapped right now. I still don't have enough money for a case. So so bummed.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
When I bought the nexus 6 from the Sprint store on Christmas eve, I was told this phablet had Gorilla glass. When I looked later at the specs, I was unable to ascertain whether or not it did have Gorilla glass. So tonite I was walking to the store and it was in my hand just above knee height ... Yep...IIt slid right out of my hand and completely shattered the screen glass.
Does anyone think I have a chance at having them replace the glass for free? It seems like it would not have broke from 2 1/2 feet. I'm so chapped right now. I still don't have enough money for a case. So so bummed.

The Nexus 6 uses Gorilla Glass 3 for it's screen. . A common misconception is that Gorilla Glass is strong enough to survive a drop. That is NOT true. Gorilla Glass is superior to not getting scratched very easily, but is not immune to breaking from an impact. If you have Asurion insurance that Sprint offered when you got it than you can get it replaced. Otherwise try taking it to Radio Shack. Radio Shack repairs smartphones. Sprint will not fix it for you for free.

scandluz22

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
If you have Asurion, they were great with mine. broke it the day after I got it....Said they would send me a new nexus in 2 days. The next day they said the phone was on back order so they sent me a check for $716 and change to go buy a new one. Hope you got the insurance

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
If you paid for the phone with your credit card, check to see if they offer protection for first 90 days (a lot of them do). If so, they will pay for repair/replacement

Edit: Note that a case may not save your screen in some cases - if your phone screen hits any edge, the case isn't going to do much. Consider getting a tempered glass screen protector. That may help.
Just be careful getting the tempered glass protector - there are a lot of them out there that don't fit well around the edges (The Nexus 6 has slightly curved edges). Read the reviews of the screen protector (xda has a good thread on it)