Nexus 6/4000mah battery/VZW

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I've seen some posts here and elsewhere saying Verizon and Google/Motorola are working on a Nexus 6 carrier exclusive but with a 4000mah battery. Who knows if it's true but it would make sense since Verizon hasn't released a 6 yet. I would give it a shot but really like my Turbo. Opinions/thoughts?

Cincybearcatfan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I've seen some posts here and elsewhere saying Verizon and Google/Motorola are working on a Nexus 6 carrier exclusive but with a 4000mah battery. Who knows if it's true but it would make sense since Verizon hasn't released a 6 yet. I would give it a shot but really like my Turbo. Opinions/thoughts?

The problem with this ever being delivered to Verizon for distribution is that they can't decide to allow the Leprechaun to deliver it on his flying unicorn or Santa deliver it in February via his famous sleigh and reindeer. Both contend that they should be allowed to be the ones to deliver this elusive device to the carrier but Verizon can't seem to make a decision which could postpone the delivery even further out into Easter Bunny territory. No one really wants to go chasing down that rabbit hole.

Cincybearcatfan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if this was some of the reason VZW hasn't officially released the 6 yet.

On a serious note, it's anyone's guess why Verizon hasn't released it yet. My feeling is they don't need it. Regardless of how much we Nexus and Google enthusiasts think of Nexus devices, their really isn't a mainstream demand for them. With exclusive deals comes more revenue for Verizon, that's why they push the Droid brand so heavily. If Verizon had followed what they had done in years past and given us the Droid Turbo in August, then the likelihood of the N6 being released around Christmas would have been higher, of course that's just my opinion not fact. However, a lot didn't go Verizon Nexus enthusiasts way. Several phones were released around the same time that were more high profile, more in demand. That bumped them back.

Also, keep in mind Verizon is NOT excited about releasing any phones that are not locked down onto their network. I see it as a gift that they haven't shut mine down from a network position yet.

If they release a 4000mah N6, it won't be called a N6. It will have carrier exclusive branding and name and it will definitely come locked down. It may be very much like the Moto X 2014 and the Droid Turbo when it comes to software. "Almost" a pure vanilla experience and in fact many things that will be nicer (again in my opinion) than pure vanilla like active display and moto assist. I wouldn't expect it until spring (late Q2) at the earliest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21