Two (probably very noobish) questions

keerf

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi All,

I have two questions, and my utter apologies if they come across as stupid or noobish.

First one is in regards to storage space. I know on a computer when your space gets low, it could impact performance on the system itself. Is the same thing true for Android?

I bought a 32gb Nexus 6. I bought the 32 since it is what was available at the time. Now with my movies, apps, etc loaded on it, I average around 15gb of free space. Should I worry at a certain point? Will my phone act differently if it doesn't have "enough" free space?

On to my second question. I bought the Nexus 6 full retail from T-Mobile, since VZW seems to be content not selling it anytime soon. The phone works fine, and I have really no issues. My main concern is the fact that it is obviously listed as a Non VZW Device. I assume, (and honestly not sure if anyone can answer this) that Verizon won't black list the device or perhaps change things so it doesn't work on its network correct?

Thanks all for reading my essay.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi there,

As opposed to computers, your phone's internal memory is not a hard drive with moving parts and different physical allocations, so it takes the same amount of time to access point A in the memory as it does to access point B. That being said, some apps do use temporary memory from your phone to work, but unless they use a huge amount or you are running TOO low on space, you won't notice a difference.

If too many apps are running in the background, however, then you will start noticing a slow-down, since they're using up the limited RAM in your phone.

As for the phone, as long as it's unlocked, Verizon is very unlikely to block non-vzw devices. If they do I'm pretty sure they'd lose a huge chunk of their clientele. I wouldn't worry about it. They only blacklist them if the original carrier flags them as stolen. However, some features specific to VZW phones might be unavailable, like HD voice, video calling, or WiFi calling (not sure if Verizon offers any of those, I was just naming examples of features that factory-unlocked phones usually 'lack' versus certain carrier models).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma