The update did improve battery life for me.

Not sure if it was the update but headphone volume is definitely better.

Things that I'm encountering now that aren't really a big deal:

Slow response time when opening apps.
    WiFi instability as in it won't stay connected.
    01-24-2015 03:39 PM
    Which update? I thought you had moved to the iPhone and were happy, and presumed you'd sold your N6 by now.

Is it that you like the N6 so much that your tone in most of your posts reflects feeling let down by the guys that built it, that you'd wish it met your expectations but feel you're being forced to go elsewhere?

I feel a little the same way. Relative to the Droid Turbo, I am realllllly uncomfortable seeing my phone at 60% after using it moderatley heavily for 6 hours or so.......But I like the phone so much I've chosen to deal with it, and carry a small 3000 ma battery in my car charger. It's always near by when I'm not at home......
    01-24-2015 06:30 PM
    Pretty much, had high hopes for the phone and was let down sorta. 5.01 update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    gmermel likes this.
    01-24-2015 07:55 PM
    I haven't noticed the WiFi issue personally. Only beef I have with the nexus 6 is the ambient display.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-25-2015 12:19 PM
    I haven't noticed the WiFi issue personally. Only beef I have with the nexus 6 is the ambient display.

What is a ambient display..auto light adjustment?
    01-25-2015 12:30 PM
    What's not to like?
    What is a ambient display..auto light adjustment?
    W
    The screen will light up w/notifications when you lift it off a table or remove it from your pocket. Minimal battery drain because it's in black and white, and on an OLED screen the black part of the screen draws no energy whatsoever.
    01-25-2015 12:47 PM
    My Wi-Fi has been solid and opening apps has been fast too. Not sure what you can do to improve those things.

For the slow app loading maybe try rebooting the phone and see if launching apps is faster? If it is that could be the memory leak bug. I restart my phone every other day or when I notice some sluggish performance until they address this. Google did acknowledge this bug officially.

For your Wi-Fi if you have access to a different router or a new router if you have an old one see if that helps. Also I noticed this phone works better on the 2.4ghz channel rather than the 5ghz Wi-Fi channel. Not sure why. My connection is way stronger and stable on the 2.4ghz channel.

01-27-2015 06:31 PM
    2.4GHz penetrates better than 5GHz and has a longer range. 5GHz is faster than 2.4GHz. It's because the lower frequency has a longer range. In my house, with a NetGear Nighthawk, 5GHz penetrates the whole house and is what I use.
    Crashdamage likes this.
    01-27-2015 07:27 PM
    What's not to like?

W
    The screen will light up w/notifications when you lift it off a table or remove it from your pocket. Minimal battery drain because it's in black and white, and on an OLED screen the black part of the screen draws no energy whatsoever.
    The phone without a lock screen and pin turns on in my pocket and opens apps and types etc. I don't like that going on when in my pocket. I just disabled it and now have no complaints.

01-27-2015 10:38 PM
    To add on to what TraderGary said, when you have both 2.4 & 5Ghz available try splitting them by giving them different SSIDs. If you use 5Ghz set it to use a channel well over 100. For either frequency set the router to use channels with a minimum of interference. I use WiFi Overview 360 to find the optimum setup. An excellent tool, it's what the Google Fiber guys use to setup WiFi.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ifioverviewpro

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    01-27-2015 10:56 PM
    The phone without a lock screen and pin turns on in my pocket and opens apps and types etc. I don't like that going on when in my pocket. I just disabled it and now have no complaints.

Ambient will work with "Swipe" unlock. I've migrated to that because I like the feature so much. And I've found that it's easier for me to swipe up with my thumb as I grab the phone than to reach around ang find/press the power button to wake the phone anyway.

I don't like the PIN locked screen because you have to enter it every time you wake your phone up. If that's the reason you aren't locking your screen, give the swipe lock a go.
    01-28-2015 01:53 PM
    To add on to what TraderGary said, when you have both 2.4 & 5Ghz available try splitting them by giving them different SSIDs. If you use 5Ghz set it to use a channel well over 100. For either frequency set the router to use channels with a minimum of interference. I use WiFi Overview 360 to find the optimum setup. An excellent tool, it's what the Google Fiber guys use to setup WiFi.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ifioverviewpro

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    My NetGear Nighthawk router sets up 2.4 & 5Ghz each with a different ID as the default setting. They are already split up. I'm not sure why I would want different SSID's.

Thanks for the recommendation of WiFi Overview 360. Excellent! I bought it and deleted WiFi Analyzer. No comparison.
    Crashdamage likes this.
    01-28-2015 05:10 PM
    Ambient will work with "Swipe" unlock. I've migrated to that because I like the feature so much. And I've found that it's easier for me to swipe up with my thumb as I grab the phone than to reach around ang find/press the power button to wake the phone anyway.

I don't like the PIN locked screen because you have to enter it every time you wake your phone up. If that's the reason you aren't locking your screen, give the swipe lock a go.
    Thanks for the tip but I actually encountered this problem with swipe enabled. That's the only way I use any of my phones. I don't like the pin, pattern or no screen lock options. If this is my only beef with the phone I'm just fine.
    01-29-2015 12:30 PM