is the battery life really that bad?

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Yes.
Many of the gloom and doom types always have battery complaints but they are the extremely vocal and extremely small minority.
The Nexus 6 has great battery life.
Easily lasts a day with normal usage.
And yes, "normal" is a relative term. It is different for everyone but unless you are using the device non-stop for 8 straight hours, a "day" of use is easily obtainable.

Mav. :cool:

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band Nexus 6.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
It definitely doesn't have AS good battery life as other flagships from last year. So if you're a heavy user you're going to have trouble getting through a day. But like mentioned above, I think for most people it will be good enough through last at least a day.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Lollipop 5.0.2

vaughaag

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
I was disappointed with the battery life initially. I've had the phone now for just over a month and I'm a lot happier. On an average day I'm getting over 4.5 hours screen on.

On a light day, I finish the day with 45% +/- battery remaining on a heavy day I charge it.

Posted via the Android Central App

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Good point.
You need to use the device for at least a week before the battery settles in and starts to give good life.

Mav. :cool:

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band Nexus 6.

con5150

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I will say this , after coming form the S4 I now don't fret when I head of to work with my fully charged Nexus 6 and I've forgotten to bring the charger....no problem , get home at 4:30 with on average over 60% left....obviously at work usage would not be very heavy ..still, I love the battery life on this .

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I keep seeing threads about battery life? Would 4 hours screen time get me through a whole day?

Unless a good chunk of those 4 hours of screen time are spent playing cpu-intensive games, it should, easily- though there are some factors that can have pretty significant impact (like keeping screen at 100% brightness, being in a very weak signal area, and running a lot of apps that have substantial background data flow, e.g Facebook).

vaughaag

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
This was me yesterday after a mid-heavy day.
Screen was between 35-45%, mainly in email and a work application with a bit of Clash of Clans ;). I am running Pure Shamu with the Franco kernel, ambient display is off as is adaptive brightness.

Screenshot_2015-01-25-02-21-27.jpg

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Mine is good. I get about 5 hours of screen on time. Its not as good as the Note 4 (I got close to 7 hours from it) but all things considered, its not bad at all..

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
This was me yesterday after a mid-heavy day.
Screen was between 35-45%, mainly in email and a work application with a bit of Clash of Clans ;). I am running Pure Shamu with the Franco kernel, ambient display is off as is adaptive brightness.

View attachment 160590

First point is it's a custom ROM, which could make it less efficient. Second, we don't know where you have your brightness, how many hours of screen time that was, or how cpu-intensive that 'work application' is, and there's no way of knowing if that is good or bad battery life without knowing those.

JoePa2624

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I really would like yo know how you guys can get 5 hours+ of SOT? The best I've gotten in about two weeks has been 3.5 hours, averaging right at 3 hours.

Honestly, the battery has been my biggest complaint. Frankly, my only complaint. But it is pretty frustrating. I'm a heavy user, living on my phone for work and I never get past 4pm.

I absolutely love everything else about this phone.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
First point is it's a custom ROM, which could make it less efficient. Second, we don't know where you have your brightness, how many hours of screen time that was, or how cpu-intensive that 'work application' is, and there's no way of knowing if that is good or bad battery life without knowing those.
Custom ROMs actually improve battery life more often than not. Especially if also using a custom kernel :p

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I really would like yo know how you guys can get 5 hours+ of SOT? The best I've gotten in about two weeks has been 3.5 hours, averaging right at 3 hours.

Honestly, the battery has been my biggest complaint. Frankly, my only complaint. But it is pretty frustrating. I'm a heavy user, living on my phone for work and I never get past 4pm.

I absolutely love everything else about this phone.

How bright is your screen?

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I get about 4 hours 30 minutes sot with stock but I keep location services on battery saving mode. Google play services seems to be the one thing that kills my battery life unless I use that mode for location.

Posted via Nexus 6

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke