01-26-2015 10:28 AM
    Meh, I don't care about a fingerprint scanner.
    01-26-2015 10:31 AM
    For me, it's a novelty feature. Would have been cool to have, but it's not something I would have used as my security.

Interesting side point on legality with fingerprint scanners as a means to unlock devices versus passwords: Judge Rules Suspect Can Be Required to Unlock Phone With Fingerprint - Digits - WSJ
    01-26-2015 10:48 AM
    I personally wouldn't have used it anyway.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-26-2015 10:54 AM
    Yeah I don't know how much I would have used it myself.
    Darn Apple always interfering.

Mav.

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band Nexus 6.
    01-26-2015 02:35 PM
    I hate the way this site and Droid-Life portrayed this as Apple's fault. It's click bait.

If Apple didn't buy the company that made the best fingerprint scanners then someone else would. And last time I checked there are intelligent people out there who can develop (and by that I mean copy) the technology. Even Samsung implemented a half way decent fingerprint scanner.

Like others I wouldn't use it. I don't use it on my Note 4 or iPhone 6, and I wouldn't use it on my N6. But Moto, don't blame Apple. It's not like it's a new technology. Next time have the foresight and beat Apple to the punch.
    01-26-2015 05:34 PM
    I hate the way this site and Droid-Life portrayed this as Apple's fault. It's click bait.

If Apple didn't buy the company that made the best fingerprint scanners then someone else would. And last time I checked there are intelligent people out there who can develop (and by that I mean copy) the technology. Even Samsung implemented a half way decent fingerprint scanner.

Like others I wouldn't use it. I don't use it on my Note 4 or iPhone 6, and I wouldn't use it on my N6. But Moto, don't blame Apple. It's not like it's a new technology. Next time have the foresight and beat Apple to the punch.
    The Note 4 fingerprint scanner is nowhere near the quality and ease of use that the iPhone fingerprint scanner is. My wife had a 5S and now she has the Note 4 and I had the Note 4 for more than a month. With the Note 4, you have to drag your fingerprint at the correct speed and correct angle to make it work. You have to go up and down not side to side. The iPhone allows you to hold your fingerprint still and it just works.

No comparison.
    01-26-2015 08:17 PM
    Yeah I don't know how much I would have used it myself.
    Have you used a fingerprint sensor on any smartphone before?

Motorola had a fingerprint sensor on the Atrix 4G. That won the Best of CES 2011 award in the smartphone category. Apple introduced Touch ID on the iPhone 5S in 2013.

It would have been interesting to see what Motorola could have done if it had kept putting fingerprint sensors on all its phones, especially since it had a 2 year head-start on Apple.
    01-26-2015 09:09 PM
    I probably wouldn't use it. I had something similar on the Motorola Atrix 4G...although it wasn't as advanced as what there is now. Still...options are always a good thing. As they say about Apple's attitude: "If you can't beat 'em..sue 'em."
    01-27-2015 05:18 AM
    Works well on my 6+ and air 2. Not just to unlock but use on apps like amazon etc to purchase and open the app without sign on etc.

Too bad I use my Nexus 6 more... I like touch ID and think more devices should will have it.

Posted via my Nexus 6!
    Scott7217 likes this.
    01-27-2015 08:13 AM
    For me, it's a novelty feature. Would have been cool to have, but it's not something I would have used as my security.

Interesting side point on legality with fingerprint scanners as a means to unlock devices versus passwords: Judge Rules Suspect Can Be Required to Unlock Phone With Fingerprint - Digits - WSJ
    If you have something to hide just turn your phone off. After starting up, you must enter your PIN initially and the same judge ruled you cannot be compelled to enter your PIN.

Posted via my Nexus 6!
    01-27-2015 08:14 AM
    If you have something to hide just turn your phone off. After starting up, you must enter your PIN initially and the same judge ruled you cannot be compelled to enter your PIN.

Posted via my Nexus 6!
    I would suspect that, in many instances, people who find themselves confronted with such a situation may not have the foresight to anticipate the need, or the opportunity provided, to allow that caution. Personally, I'm disappointed by the ruling as it continues an interpretation of 5th amendment rights which is outdated in context of modern technology. It's essentially requiring the owner to provide an informational tool only easily at the disposal of the owner to open access; whether the tool is a physical or intellectual component should not bear relevance.
    01-27-2015 09:02 AM
    In my information it haven't yet
    01-28-2015 12:58 AM
    I don't want my fingerprint recorded.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-28-2015 01:01 AM