...I'd be interested to see if the new batch of devices have the same issues that people have been complaining about. I'd hope that Google and Motorola have paid attention to reviewers and consumers alike and addressed these issues. As of this moment, it's between the Nexus 6 and the M9 for me, for those front-firing speakers; especially if the M9 comes with SD card expansion.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-03-2015 12:39 PM
    Ya. I am tired of everyone complaining about the large size so I definitely hope they have reduced it.
    Jnorton2724 and milehigherik like this.
    02-03-2015 12:45 PM
    My guess is that the back cover problem stemmed from them trying to ramp up production to keep up with demand and something got lost during the process.
    I am sure they have taken steps to address this.
    It looks to have occurred only on a very low number of devices.

Mine is the Midnight Blue version from Sprint that I got the first week it was out.
    I have had Zero problems with it. I would say 98% of people would agree the same with theirs.
    It's always the extremely vocal minority that say the sky is falling if they have even the smallest of problems.

Mav.
    02-03-2015 12:48 PM
    My guess is that the back cover problem stemmed from them trying to ramp up production to keep up with demand and something got lost during the process.
    I am sure they have taken steps to address this.
    It looks to have occurred only on a very low number of devices.

Mine is the Midnight Blue version from Sprint that I got the first week it was out.
    I have had Zero problems with it. I would say 98% of people would agree the same with theirs.
    It's always the extremely vocal minority that say the sky is falling if they have even the smallest of problems.

Mav.
    Yes, they have been vocal indeed. I agree with you about the rush job to try and meet demand. The one constant that I keep hearing about ( aside from the size) is the battery life being "horrible", with people being at a loss as to why the Note 4's is better, considering all the bloat that comes with TW.

Personally, if I got anywhere from between 3:30 to 5:00 hours SOT a day on the Nexus with juice to spare by 11pm, I'd be satisfied with that, given my usage pattern. Plus, now that I've rooted and flashed this current phone, I could do it again to make any improvements.

Kwdan likes this.
    02-03-2015 01:09 PM
    Yes, they have been vocal indeed. I agree with you about the rush job to try and meet demand. The one constant that I keep hearing about ( aside from the size) is the battery life being "horrible", with people being at a loss as to why the Note 4's is better, considering all the bloat that comes with TW.

Personally, if I got anywhere from between 3:30 to 5:00 hours SOT a day on the Nexus with juice to spare by 11pm, I'd be satisfied with that, given my usage pattern. Plus, now that I've rooted and flashed this current phone, I could do it again to make any improvements.
    It is all personal preference.
    Some people are used to, or have no problems with TouchWiz or bloat and are OK with it. The beauty of Android.

Before rooting, I could go all day (12-14 hours) on one charge with room to spare also.
    After rooting, it is even better.
    The Nexus did take a little longer than other devices to settle into a good battery use pattern. About a week or so.
    Most likely as it was the first with Lollipop.

As long as you are happy with your device, that is all that matters.

Mav.
    02-03-2015 01:27 PM
    ...I'd be interested to see if the new batch of devices have the same issues that people have been complaining about. I'd hope that Google and Motorola have paid attention to reviewers and consumers alike and addressed these issues. As of this moment, it's between the Nexus 6 and the M9 for me, for those front-firing speakers; especially if the M9 comes with SD card expansion.

Sounds like you've worked out the kinks on your current phone. Why not just keep it... Forever?

02-05-2015 10:25 AM
    Yeah I'm hopeful they will address the issues, it's a good device overall though.
    The people who enjoy the phone are pretty vocal too.
    02-05-2015 01:53 PM

I know it says "since Jan 7, but these have been my stats solid for over a month. The pink screen is due to a setting I've been playing with. Don't let that throw you
    With the Nexus 6 back in stock on Google Play...-screenshot_2015-02-05-12-37-43.jpg
    02-05-2015 02:42 PM
    I know it says "since Jan 7, but these have been my stats solid for over a month. The pink screen is due to a setting I've been playing with. Don't let that throw you
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-02-05-12-37-43.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	161.2 KB 
ID:	161982
    I'd be over the moon to have those stats. That's impressive to me. I just took screen shots of the stats for today, one of my lighter typical light usage days.

Granted, take into account that I have a 4,200 mAh extended battery in this phone. For the Nexus, though? Sign me up for your stats.

Attached Thumbnails With the Nexus 6 back in stock on Google Play...-screenshot_2015-02-05-18-08-38.jpg   With the Nexus 6 back in stock on Google Play...-screenshot_2015-02-05-18-08-57.jpg  
    02-05-2015 06:17 PM
    I got my nexus 6 (32 GB) from T-Mobile three weeks ago. I've had no back cover or battery issues. I love this phone.

02-05-2015 06:25 PM
    Sign me up for your stats.

I keep telling you to get one
    02-05-2015 09:09 PM
    I keep telling you to get one
    OK, I'm sold, LOL.

VW Maverick likes this.
    02-05-2015 09:54 PM

I've read your posts for a while now. You'll never be happy or sure of your decisions. Sometimes you just have to go for it. Don't second guess yourself, go with your heart. It's only a phone, not a life changing decision.
    02-06-2015 01:14 AM
    I've read your posts for a while now. You'll never be happy or sure of your decisions. Sometimes you just have to go for it. Don't second guess yourself, go with your heart. It's only a phone, not a life changing decision.
    Couldn't agree more with this! Now mention of the M9? Drop the hammer and buy something so we can hear the dislikes followed by all the positives.

02-06-2015 10:32 AM
    OK, I'm sold, LOL.

I'll believe it when I see it. Post your receipt
    02-06-2015 11:26 AM
    I have had zero issues with my Nexus 6, including battery life. Zero, zip, zilch, nada. And anyone who continuously waits for the "next big thing" will end up never buying anything. There will always be a potential contender for the coveted spot of being the chosen one. So go with what feels right now, not what might feel right later.
    02-06-2015 03:53 PM