Call Recording

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with call recording apps on the Nexus 6. I need to find an app that will record both sides of the call automatically for certain numbers.

I know several of these apps exist, but they don't always work on every phone. Looking for some first have experience with this particular device.

Thanks in advance.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Call recording itself doesn't work in all phones. If the app can't get the mic audio, it can't be written to record it, and whether it can get it is a function of the phone. I don't have a N6, but wither recording apps will get both sides or they won't on that particular phone.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with call recording apps on the Nexus 6. I need to find an app that will record both sides of the call automatically for certain numbers.

I know several of these apps exist, but they don't always work on every phone. Looking for some first have experience with this particular device.

Thanks in advance.

You do realize that in most States it is illegal to record a conversation without the other party being informed .. correct? A friend of mine did that with his ex-wife and got a stern warning from the family court judge. I'm not trying to get in your business.. just respectfully telling you to be careful.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I am well aware of the laws. Utah, along with most states, have law that reads as long as one party to the conversations consents (me) then it's perfectly legal. It is illegal to record a conversion you're NOT party to, but it is legal to record any conversion you're part of.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Same as in canada

This app has worked for me
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...com.skvalex.callrecorder&hl=en&token=5ewJgw8Y

and yes the price is heavy. I bought it for my N5 with a google play credit and it worked - having it also work with the N6 now has made it valuable for me.

So, I am trying out the trial version of the app. I haven't changed any of the settings, but made a trial call and while it recorded it, her voice was EXTREMELY quiet and I was extremely loud. I got the impression it's only recording what comes in to the microphone.

Can you tell me if you were able to get the functionality working where it records both sides of the call well? If so, what settings are you using? Obviously if I take every call on speakerphone it will work fine, but I want it to record both sides loud and clear, even when I'm NOT on speakerphone. Ideally I'll do this without rooting my phone, but will root it if I have to. I just don't want to worry about not being able to do updates in the future if I have to wait for root, etc...

Thanks!

Dan

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Havent tested a call yet (as Ive only had it for a day). but I believe ALSA was the more popular recording method. I would try all three and see how it is.

And yes root is needed.

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Ah I hear ya. Took me forever to make the plunge with the n9 for that reason. The n6 I did out of the box.

Posted via the Android Central App

osirhc

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I am very interested in this too. On my old LG G2 I had used a ported G Flex ROM that had built in call recording. From the active call screen (where you would hit "mute" or "speaker" ) you could select "record". The quality was just about perfect too, recorded both parties with matching audio levels (one wasn't louder than the other). Would love to see some kind of function like that on the N6, if possible