Nexus 6 not playing any audio

Blackdoll27

Apr 27, 2017
Visit site
I seriously almost pulled my hair out. I've only had my 6p for less then a month and my media wouldn't work. I've rebooted​ and cycle powered 6x and nothing worked! My stress level was on 100 BUT thankfully I read a helpful suggestion that worked perfect. HEADSET TOGGLE via Google play store. Good luck

Rick DN

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
I seriously almost pulled my hair out. I've only had my 6p for less then a month and my media wouldn't work. I've rebooted​ and cycle powered 6x and nothing worked! My stress level was on 100 BUT thankfully I read a helpful suggestion that worked perfect. HEADSET TOGGLE via Google play store. Good luck

HEADSET TOGGLE worked for me too! Thanks Blackdoll. Have broken headjacket, system had the headjack always turned on

aelanani

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
I managed to get my audio back by installing jakcom key from the playstore
It looks to me as a problem of recognizing the presence of a headphone. sound is redirected to the headphones jack even without having headphones inserted,
jakcom key can tell the system to ignore the presence and use external audio instead of the headphones.

Thanks it really worked

Johan Gunnarsson

Jan 3, 2018
Visit site
Thanks it really worked

Have not tried JackCom or Headset Toggle yet, but have reset my Nexus 6p several times,

First scenario: just installing minimal amount of apps - with default + Google Inbox, Facebook and Instagram I still get the problem (no sound whatsoever from speakers, but sound from jack & bluetooth) after 1-2 days.

Second scenario: Now only trying factory reset and not a single app installed - running 24 hours, sound is still working.

Also - another side issue I've had, has been a short ½ second "squeelch" sound (white noise kinda) before any output to the speakers from any app. (but with previous setups with custom apps installed).

Hope this might help us troubleshoot this.

Rgrds

Johan Gunnarsson

Jan 3, 2018
Visit site
2 days: No sound whatsoever from speakers. Headphones, Bluetooth and ChromeCast work fine. Same problem as before.

JackCom or Headset Toggle didnt have any effect.

Any furher ideas är welcome. Just upgraded tog 8.1.0. at last No problem 10 minutea after upgrade, but never occured tjat early previously anyway.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang