Midnight Blue Nexus 6 with white carbon D Brand skin and ringke Fusion smoke case

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I got my white and black one today, put the white one on first, and didn't get it aligned quite right and when I was removing the skin the letters ripped off, so that sucks. Emailed dband, hoping they will send me another one since I followed their instructions. Have the black one on now, looks pretty good. Prefer the white one though. Fits a lot better with the dark blue rather than black on dark blue.

Posted via the Android Central App

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I got my white and black one today, put the white one on first, and didn't get it aligned quite right and when I was removing the skin the letters ripped off, so that sucks. Emailed dband, hoping they will send me another one since I followed their instructions. Have the black one on now, looks pretty good. Prefer the white one though. Fits a lot better with the dark blue rather than black on dark blue.

They will replace it but you have to pay shipping. They have great customer service.

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
O good deal, I was about to just place an order for another one to get the process going.

Also what was ur method of aligning the skin with the nexus logo? It looks like u got it spot on with urs, I found it a bit difficult with the skickyness of the back for me.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Looks nice!

To those who bash the color... that's why they make options. If everyone's preferences were the same, it would be a boring world!

Also what was ur method of aligning the skin with the nexus logo? It looks like u got it spot on with urs, I found it a bit difficult with the skickyness of the back for me.

I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to doing things like that, so I was having a bit of trouble initially given just how exact the cutouts were. I was originally trying to line it up at first with the letters, but their being in the middle of the skin made it pretty difficult.

What worked great for me was focusing on getting an exact alignment of the tiny hole at the middle, and about 1/2 cm from the bottom, of the back of the phone. Once I got that lined up, everything else really just fell into place with minimal effort.

Get it on just right and people won't be able to tell that the skin isn't actually the OEM back (if they don't know it's not available that way).

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Ya thats what I did when I got my first skin, I tried to align the letters, but that proved to be rather difficult. Interesting, from the bottom of the device instead of what the video says from the top. Ill look into that when I get my new one.

Thanks for the tip. Other tips are helpful too!

bsalamon

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I am considering the D Brand skin as well. Can you comment on what amount of grip does the skin add to the phone. My preference would be to mostly use the phone with just the added skin if it would add more grip.

gmermel

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I am considering the D Brand skin as well. Can you comment on what amount of grip does the skin add to the phone. My preference would be to mostly use the phone with just the added skin if it would add more grip.

Quality of the skin was high (for the price especially), and the fit was so perfect as to be uncanny.

But I was hoping to improve grip alone. I personally like the stock back of the phone. For that reason, I chose the "leather" because it had the most texture to it. Unfortunately, it's a vinyl product, and didn't improve the group at all (for me). I took it off after a couple of days.

Now, if a company wants to make an authentic leather skin I'm ready to go. Probably cost $125 or more, so I'm not holding my breath......

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Quality of the skin was high (for the price especially), and the fit was so perfect as to be uncanny.

But I was hoping to improve grip alone. I personally like the stock back of the phone. For that reason, I chose the "leather" because it had the most texture to it. Unfortunately, it's a vinyl product, and didn't improve the group at all (for me). I took it off after a couple of days.

Now, if a company wants to make an authentic leather skin I'm ready to go. Probably cost $125 or more, so I'm not holding my breath......

Chop the 1 off the front and you're getting close to what you'll need to pay for it in Horween leather (among the best leather you can get, and still made in the USA): https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s-wraps-skins-for-nexus-6.html&token=zsxdGlqO. Fair amount of discussion on this topic in the Accessories subforum, as well.

Sullie714

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I have the same setup with my phone except I have the black Carbon Fiber. The Ringke case is great, has the port covers, makes the skins look great and works well with my stadium chargers....

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
I got the wood skin. I too chose to line up the holes for the mic as that seemed to be the most important thing to not mess up and it worked great. bought the case that the OP had should come in today. Like that leather skin wish it had a nexus cutout for the logo. (i actually don't mind showing off the brand when I get asked "what is that an iPhone 6 plus?"

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
O good deal, I was about to just place an order for another one to get the process going.

I 2nd this notion. Aligning the letter perfectly seams like a engineering accomplishment. One wrong move and u r back to square one.

From Nexus 64GB Beast

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Now only if they would send out my replacement skin... Paid for the express shipping and they said they would send an email when its been shipped. That was Tuesday... Still no email.

Mrrikki

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Mine arrived today 3 days from Canada to UK, it looks good, I will try and take a photo.

Posted via my Nexus 6.

Mrrikki

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Here is mine metallic black I think it was and orange Motorola logo.

Posted via my Nexus 6.

Attachments

• 8439.jpg
    8439.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 30

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Here is mine metallic black I think it was and orange Motorola logo.

Posted via my Nexus 6.

Does the metallic cover have a textured feel to it? I'm deciding between the metal and wood, but I hear the wood one has zero texture

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463