The Nexus 6 Android 5.1 Lollipop Thread

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have Sprint, and I got this phone in November. I've been awaiting a fix for my SMS issues since then.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not trying to flame here. I just found it strange that other updates took so long to get to the Nexus 6 compared to the other current Nexus devices is all. I love my device, and Android 5.0. I just think an announcement and roll out go better together than spaced apart :)

OUCH.. Sprint... I am sorry... I was with Sprint for 15 years.. Finally dropped them for T-Mobile when the Nexus 5 came out...

Side load the update from the factory image if you think it will greatly improve your situation with Sprint....

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes, they are. It's the modern day sense of entitlement. "I want it all, and I want it now!" Heaven forbid we should have to wait for anything. I had resigned myself to waiting as long as it took to get 5.1. No big deal, my phone (nexus 5) was working just fine on 5.0.1

Exactly... I have zero issues with my Nexus 6 on 5.0.1.... It works perfectly... I am more interested (and only very slightly) in the 700 mhz band 12 here in Dallas for better building penetration... Even with that I am not in a "I NEED IT NOW" mode.... Only a few places that building penetration is an issue... and only a slight issue...

BlueGoldAce

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Sideloaded the update here.... Big speed difference. Actually feels faster than my wife's moto X 2014. Before, it was noticeably slower.

Posted via the Android Central App

ysbg

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
None turns off your alarm. Mute did not. Those of us using the phone as bedside clock appreciate the heck out of the old mute.

True. I use priority during the night so that I can still be reached in case of emergency, but I understand that's not everyone's cup of tea. The new iteration of none however should solve this problem, as you can chose to end none at the time of the next alarm.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with sending texts with 5.1? Running nexus 6 on verizon

I noticed this when I was sending texts on my phone earlier. I never got an error saying that they didn't go through but it did take longer for them to send. I am on Verizon with a Nexus 6.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I noticed this when I was sending texts on my phone earlier. I never got an error saying that they didn't go through but it did take longer for them to send. I am on Verizon with a Nexus 6.

That's what the issue is with the sprint N6, that 5.1 is supposed to d fix

Posted via THE Nexus 6!

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Ugh, at least it's not just me. I bet google will pull the update because of this.

I most definitely get an error saying it doesn't send, sometimes it takes multiple attempts to send a text.

anon(257429)

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Ugh, at least it's not just me. I bet google will pull the update because of this.

I most definitely get an error saying it doesn't send, sometimes it takes multiple attempts to send a text.

It may be a network issue in your area.

Debian Dog

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

If you are using an ad blocker make sure you have Verizon white listed.

4eab056f4289ea88ab93961d72cccc1d.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6

bold1193

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Mav, I'm using wugfresh to try and sideload but it's telling me that I don't have the adb sideload driver or something like that. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol