03-13-2015 11:38 AM
84 123 ...
tools
    It is finally here:

Official Android Blog: Android 5.1: Unwrapping a new Lollipop update

Now...who has it yet??
    VW Maverick and Greg C like this.
    03-09-2015 06:14 PM
    Android 5.1 gets an official announcement with updates rolling out soon | Android Central
    Oh yeah, baby!!!

As for me, gotta wait for Cyanogenmod to lay it over their ROM. Hope it is not too long.

Mav.

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band Nexus 6.
    03-09-2015 06:27 PM
    Once it's out for the N6, I just have to wait for the modified boot img to come out so I can keep my device decrypted
    Debian Dog likes this.
    03-09-2015 06:31 PM
    We should see this update in about two or three weeks at least it's here. Remember show role outs. Haha
    03-09-2015 07:04 PM
    Once it's out for the N6, I just have to wait for the modified boot img to come out so I can keep my device decrypted
    I have no issues with encrypted why wait?

Sent from my Nexus 6
    Greg C and grover5 like this.
    03-09-2015 08:45 PM
    Its out and posted for the Nexus 5, 7 and 10

Android Lollipop 5.1.0 is out for download at:

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images
    03-09-2015 09:43 PM
    Why does this take so long to get to the Nexus 6? I bought one because I wanted to get updates right away when they are announced, but here I sit at 5.0.1, not even the 5.0.2 that was released weeks ago.
    03-10-2015 08:16 AM
    Why does this take so long to get to the Nexus 6? I bought one because I wanted to get updates right away when they are announced, but here I sit at 5.0.1, not even the 5.0.2 that was released weeks ago.
    Sounds like a person that never worked in IT before. 5.0.2 never officially rolled out to the Nexus 6 because it was only a few weeks old and this is a brand new piece of hardware relatively speaking. these things take a little time if you want something that is stable. if you don't want stable, root your device and load the first one that drops from a Dev.

Sent from my Nexus 6
    03-10-2015 08:26 AM
    Sounds like a person that never worked in IT before. 5.0.2 never officially rolled out to the Nexus 6 because it was only a few weeks old and this is a brand new piece of hardware relatively speaking. these things take a little time if you want something that is stable. if you don't want stable, root your device and load the first one that drops from a Dev.

Sent from my Nexus 6
    Man, that's kind of harsh.
    Think 5.02 still had a major memory leak.
    Gods willing, 5.1 does not.
    03-10-2015 09:38 AM
    I have no issues with encrypted why wait?

Sent from my Nexus 6

No thanks
    sed51329 likes this.
    03-10-2015 10:28 AM
    I thought 5.02 was only for the nexus 7.
    lupos and mightyfo like this.
    03-10-2015 10:34 AM

Sent from my Nexus 6
    Whenever a new version of Android is released, most of the other recent Nexus devices get it almost instantly. I don't think it's ignorant to expect the same on the newest Nexus device, which is what your post implies. Apple is able to release iOS versions the same day as they are announced, so it's not like it's impossible to do.
    03-10-2015 10:45 AM
    03-10-2015 01:37 PM
    Whenever a new version of Android is released, most of the other recent Nexus devices get it almost instantly. I don't think it's ignorant to expect the same on the newest Nexus device, which is what your post implies. Apple is able to release iOS versions the same day as they are announced, so it's not like it's impossible to do.
    I would not say ignorant I would say naive. Part of what is rolling out with this new version is HD Voice on Verizon (the largest carrier in the United States) . I am sure they are testing the crap out of it before it rolls out for production. 2 years from now when this phone is old you will get drops the same day everyone else does.

Sent from my Nexus 6
    03-10-2015 02:24 PM
    I can't wait for WiFi calling. I'm with Tmobile.
    mightyfo likes this.
    03-10-2015 02:40 PM
    Still no mute function with Lollipop (although, according to the article, Samsung was able to include a mute option in its revised version of Lollipop) ???!!!
    03-10-2015 06:57 PM
    Still no mute function with Lollipop (although, according to the article, Samsung was able to include a mute option in its revised version of Lollipop) ???!!!
    Mute what? Your voice on a call? I have that. Or are you talking about something else like notifications... I'm confused.

Sent from my Nexus 6
    03-10-2015 08:04 PM
    Still no mute function with Lollipop
    In the end, what's the difference between the current "none" and the old "mute"? OK, you have to tap on the screen rather than just the volume rocker, but to me that's not a big deal.

Also I think that having a distinction between none and priority is quite useful - I do want my parents to be able to call me in the middle of the night.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-10-2015 08:48 PM
    Wonder how long it will be before they add the HD voice from ATT to this

AT&T Introduces High-Definition Voice in Initial Markets | AT&T

Since I am near Milwaukee, where it was enabled, I hope its soon!
    03-11-2015 01:29 AM
    https://www.geeky-gadgets.com/sprint...ay-11-03-2015/

Looks like Google had no more control of there nexus services carriers will decide when we get the update. ridiculous in my opinion.
    03-11-2015 05:53 AM

Looks like Google had no more control of there nexus services carriers will decide when we get the update. ridiculous in my opinion.
    Oh god two days later than the rest?! What shall we ever do?

Ed Briggs likes this.
    03-11-2015 08:10 AM
    03-11-2015 08:30 AM

Only one SKU for all models. So if one phone is getting it then all the phone are getting it. Just will be a staged roll out. Just so happens to be the day before Verizon launches the phone and it's too have a day one update to 5.1.

03-11-2015 09:12 AM

Sent from my Nexus 6
    I always look forward to updates... but at the same time it amazes me how restless people get when an update is announced... Unless you are having a major issue with your device that a particular update is meant to fix I don't understand the "I NEED IT NOW" mentality of most... My Nexus 6 works great... I actually decided not to root this one and it works just like I want it to work.. Any improvement should be minimal at best.. Heck 99.9% of the time when they roll out a new .1, .2 or whatever update I can't even really tell any difference...

When it hits it hits... Not even going to worry about side loading when the factory image is out... Phone works great so no rush..
    grover5 and Ed Briggs like this.
    03-11-2015 10:51 AM
    I always look forward to updates... but at the same time it amazes me how restless people get when an update is announced... Unless you are having a major issue with your device that a particular update is meant to fix I don't understand the "I NEED IT NOW" mentality of most... My Nexus 6 works great... I actually decided not to root this one and it works just like I want it to work.. Any improvement should be minimal at best.. Heck 99.9% of the time when they roll out a new .1, .2 or whatever update I can't even really tell any difference...

When it hits it hits... Not even going to worry about side loading when the factory image is out... Phone works great so no rush..
    I have Sprint, and I got this phone in November. I've been awaiting a fix for my SMS issues since then.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not trying to flame here. I just found it strange that other updates took so long to get to the Nexus 6 compared to the other current Nexus devices is all. I love my device, and Android 5.0. I just think an announcement and roll out go better together than spaced apart
    03-11-2015 10:57 AM
84 123 ...