Nexus owners: How's the Android 5.1 update treating you?

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Better battery life.. better responsiveness on the phone overall. Nearly instantly UI when clicking the recent apps button. THIS(Nexus 6 on 5.1) is a device I can now recommend to people.

(sorry, thought this was a commenting thread, not a link to a blog post.)

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
No problem. Comments are what we are looking for.
Glad it's working for you.

Mav. :cool:

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band Nexus 6.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I wish my adb would detect it. I've installed my USB drivers 3 times now, and it is just making me more angry and not working.

Posted via THE Nexus 6!

mightyfo

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I wish my adb would detect it. I've installed my USB drivers 3 times now, and it is just making me more angry and not working.

Posted via THE Nexus 6!

I had the same issue too! Spend 3 hours 2 nights ago trying to figure it out. Installed Nexus Root Tool kit and tried fully installing my drivers again. I didn't think my drivers were the issue. Finally I wish I can remember where and who it was they said they unplugged their phone while in recovery mode then plugged it back in, maybe wait a few seconds, then wait a few more seconds until windows detects a usb device. I kept the Device manager open and saw my Nexus 6 in Portables with the yellow exclamation. So I right clicked update drivers and manually selected the Android Composite one, or which ever pops up. My computer was able to finally recognize my device and I sideloaded the OTA from there.

mightyfo

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
So far 5.1 seems great! Love the new quick settings with Wifi and Bluetooth. The ability to change system volume while in Google Play Music is on is fantastic! Although you can't switch right back to Media volume after selecting system volume. It does seem snappier and more responsive.
The only issue I am having right now thou is unmerged SMS message in Hangouts. My google voice messages are separate again from hangouts messages or vice versa. The default SMS app is messenger. I have tried switching it to Hangouts yet it still doesn't merge the conversations together.
Anyone else having this issue? :-\

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Got 5.1 and its so far running amazingly fast and efficient. But with most Android updates, I'll wait a week to get more definitive stats from this update. Responsiveness is much better. A true version of Lollipop.

The downside is in regards to side loading like most people have experienced with windows and this device. What I don't understand is why doesn't google just release fastboot and recovery drivers official to Microsoft instead of having to use WUG's universal drivers?

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I said screw it. I unlocked flashed stock 5.0.1, then side loaded the update. Works quite well. Seems a lot more responsive.

Posted via the Android Central App

Miami1683

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I am going to carry only my nexus to Atlanta this weekend. Is lightning quick but let's see if th he memory leak is gone too. So far on vzw hd voice is on and data and voice at the same time are working properly

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

biodorkus

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
I'd posted this in the general 5.1 thread before seeing this one, but got the update here 2 days ago for my N5. Initially no problems and maybe a bit faster, but starting yesterday having very weird formatting and compatibility issues with Textra when receiving MMS.

Saturn1217

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Me too! Thought I was going crazy. It was with iPhone users though for me.

The textra Dev is really good though so I assume if there are issues with 5.1 it will get fixed soon.

Posted via Android Central App

biodorkus

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
I hope so! I submitted feedback so they're (Textra) aware of it, and they updated a while back to observe the Lollipop priority sound mode, which is encouraging.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet