Verizon N6 -- Question to current N6 owners

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Greetings,

I have a Droid Turbo, love the battery life and the responsiveness of the phone but I want a larger screen and better speakers for my daily driver/use.

That said --- I realize this is another opinion post but I'm struggling and wanted some opinions:

(1) How's the N6 battery life been under heavy usage

(2) Given the GNex experience I swore never to buy another VZW Nexus device but alas here I am thinking about it, all carrier crap aside, I'm looking for opinions from current N6 users - should I dive in again?

Posted via the Android Central App

Miami1683

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
First ..

I don't have a vzw N6. I have an unlocked version running a VZW Sim card and 5.1. From what I'm told VZW hasn't messed with the N6 much except a logo on the back and backup assistant involved. If that's the case then you're good to go.

My battery life is all day from 6 am to 7 pm with heavy usage. Without heavy usage it would go part midnight.

I also had the Gnex before everyone else had a device. It was a mess from the start but I knew going in that I wanted a pure device at some point.

I have a Note 4 , Droid Turbo and the Nexus at this point. The Tubo is very close to pure when aide by aide with the Nexus and the Turbo battery life is solid too. However the screen is smaller.

The N4 battery is an all day affair too but the GPS doesn't lock at my office so I have to turn off location and Bluetooth to get through the day.

The nexus locks in at the office and runs all day without any issues. For me I need a way to get my corporate email to work on the nexus like it does my note 4. They took email put of android and want my Gmail to handle it all.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

taappel

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
For the previous poster, try "Nine" for corporate email. That is what I use and it works well.

For the OP, I used to have the Droid turbo and now have the Nexus 6. I have the unlocked version, not the Verizon one, but they are basically the same. I prefer the Nexus 6 since in almost every way except for battery life of course. The turbo probably had a good 30% more battery than the nexus 6. That said, I rarely if ever run low on battery with the N6. Only on very heavy usage days (4 1/2 to 5 hr screen time). The good thing about both phones with the turbo charger you can plug them in for 20 minutes and you are good to go.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
First ..

I don't have a vzw N6. I have an unlocked version running a VZW Sim card and 5.1. From what I'm told VZW hasn't messed with the N6 much except a logo on the back and backup assistant involved. If that's the case then you're good to go.

My battery life is all day from 6 am to 7 pm with heavy usage. Without heavy usage it would go part midnight.

I also had the Gnex before everyone else had a device. It was a mess from the start but I knew going in that I wanted a pure device at some point.

I have a Note 4 , Droid Turbo and the Nexus at this point. The Tubo is very close to pure when aide by aide with the Nexus and the Turbo battery life is solid too. However the screen is smaller.

The N4 battery is an all day affair too but the GPS doesn't lock at my office so I have to turn off location and Bluetooth to get through the day.

The nexus locks in at the office and runs all day without any issues. For me I need a way to get my corporate email to work on the nexus like it does my note 4. They took email put of android and want my Gmail to handle it all.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Of the three devices which do you find yourself using the most, would you recommend the N6 over the N4 IYO. Which device performs better as far as UI fluidity and app opening/closing?

I have a Note 4. I recently visited NYC and was using GPS and the browser to navigate the city and make sure i wasn't being ripped off by the taxis and found the performance to be a bit disappointing. I've never noticed any sort of performance issue with the N4 except for this particular instance or any instance where I need all apps to be instantly responsive. I just wonder if a N6 would be quicker from point a-z

Miami1683

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Of the three devices which do you find yourself using the most, would you recommend the N6 over the N4 IYO. Which device performs better as far as UI fluidity and app opening/closing?

I have a Note 4. I recently visited NYC and was using GPS and the browser to navigate the city and make sure i wasn't being ripped off by the taxis and found the performance to be a bit disappointing. I've never noticed any sort of performance issue with the N4 except for this particular instance or any instance where I need all apps to be instantly responsive. I just wonder if a N6 would be quicker from point a-z

Of the 3 device I have. The N4 has very good software application and implementation but it's large and slow to do certain things. If the S pen features are necessary for your daily life then it's a no brainer.

The Nexus 6 is simply super fast and fluid. It never slows down really and is accurate on GPS and the radios are the best in the business. This is a phone e that's on point with phone calls where my N4 drops call on my office all the time.

The Turbo is a great device. Huge battery and almost completely pure. There are some overlay items and of course some VZW bloat items to go along with it. If I'm dressed up and need a smaller screen I always take the Turbo over everything due to size.

If speed and accuracy are important to you then the Nexus is by far the best phone. If the software side of the Note is most important than carry the N4.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk