Anyone switch their Note 4 for a N6 and are happy they did??

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I personally haven't but my buddy at work did... but then went back to the Note 4 again. He mainly said he just didn't like the screen .. I guess he was too adjusted to the Note 4's? /shrug.

BlueGoldAce

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I did...and was really happy that I did. Screen is fine, stock 5.1 is great, and so are front facing speakers.

That being said....I am planning on switching to the Galaxy S6 edge, and then selling my nexus 6...so take it for what it is worth.

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I want a Nexus for the fast updates. All the others are too slow to update.

Posted via the Android Central App

Miami1683

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I actually did switch from the N4 to the N6 and back and forth I go. Today the N4 tomorrow maybe the N6 ... both have goods and bads .. overall I think I prefer the N6

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Turbo Brian

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I just switched yesterday. Used my jump upgrade. So far don't regret it. On paper the N6 is larger and even looked a bit larger in pics online, but in reality, it's nearly the same size as my note 4 was and honestly felt better in hand. I've had the note 2, 3 and 4 and all were nice devices but I really didn't use any of the fancy features. The spen was the only thing I used and even then, rarely. Most common use was cropping a screenshot. Didn't use multi window or the floating apps and was never a huge fan of touch wiz. The note 4 particularly annoyed me with its excessively large notification shade touchwiz footprint; with the quick settings and the stupid s search and s share buttons, half the screen was useless for actual notifications. Plus the device was a tad laggy at times.

Havent had a nexus phone since my nexus one, and I'm loving this thing. Lollipop runs and looks great. No bloat, no lag. People say the screen is worse, but it looks damn good to me. Maybe if I had the same pic on each device in front of me, I could spot differences, but honestly, this screen is great. I'm not doing photoshop and print work on this thing.

Couldn't get 5.0 to update on its own yesterday so I side loaded 5.01 and 5.1.M then did a factory reset. Running like a champ.

msnider23

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm doing this today, the Amazon package with my N6 should be at home when I get there. Went from the Moto X to the Note 4, love the size, but Touchwiz is just not for me. Looking forward to stock Android and timely updates

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm doing this today, the Amazon package with my N6 should be at home when I get there. Went from the Moto X to the Note 4, love the size, but Touchwiz is just not for me. Looking forward to stock Android and timely updates

Will you stick with the stock launcher or load nova/third party launcher?

msnider23

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I've been using the Google Now launcher on the Note 4, so probably stay stock. My touchwiz problems stem from lots of app crashes, random reboots, volume that randomly changes, and a GPS that would constantly lose signal. Never had these issues with the near stock moto x, so I'll be glad to get back to stock and Motorola for that matter

msnider23

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Had the N6 for some time now and I have to say that I am much happier than I was with the note 4. The Nexus with 5.1 is a speedy beast

dajobo

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Yup, I switched. I couldn't be happier. Stock android is the way to go. The thing that bothers me most about Samsung, is the water sound when you touch the screen. I love having audio recognition when I tap, I just hate Samsung's version of it.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I've moved from my Note 3 to the N6 and it was a great move IMO - Love 5.1 and having the updates first!

I've also got a Note 4 for my business mobile and it's superb as well but got fed up of waiting for Lollipop to arrive on either via O2 UK!

Cincybearcatfan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I did and couldn't be happier. I bought the N4 while waiting for the N6 to be delivered in December. After having both and only 15 days to decide, I bought into the hype of the Note 4. It only took me about 30 days to regret it. I sold the Note for (for a loss of course) and bought the N6 from motorola.com.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Very interesting. Note 4 user here and have been having nexus 6 fever for a while. Not sure it is worth it at this point. Might as well wait to see what is coming later this year. Love note 4 though, great phone no doubt.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol