07-21-2015 06:34 AM
79 123 ...
tools
    I am curious if anyone has traded their note 4 in for a nexus 6. Have you, are you glad you did? why?
    03-20-2015 08:38 AM
    I personally haven't but my buddy at work did... but then went back to the Note 4 again. He mainly said he just didn't like the screen .. I guess he was too adjusted to the Note 4's? /shrug.
    03-20-2015 09:54 AM
    I did...and was really happy that I did. Screen is fine, stock 5.1 is great, and so are front facing speakers.

That being said....I am planning on switching to the Galaxy S6 edge, and then selling my nexus 6...so take it for what it is worth.
    03-20-2015 10:01 AM
    I did, and haven't looked back. The note was great, but you can't beat stock Android.
    03-21-2015 07:50 AM
    I want a Nexus for the fast updates. All the others are too slow to update.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-21-2015 09:15 AM
    I actually did switch from the N4 to the N6 and back and forth I go. Today the N4 tomorrow maybe the N6 ... both have goods and bads .. overall I think I prefer the N6

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    03-21-2015 03:09 PM
    I just switched yesterday. Used my jump upgrade. So far don't regret it. On paper the N6 is larger and even looked a bit larger in pics online, but in reality, it's nearly the same size as my note 4 was and honestly felt better in hand. I've had the note 2, 3 and 4 and all were nice devices but I really didn't use any of the fancy features. The spen was the only thing I used and even then, rarely. Most common use was cropping a screenshot. Didn't use multi window or the floating apps and was never a huge fan of touch wiz. The note 4 particularly annoyed me with its excessively large notification shade touchwiz footprint; with the quick settings and the stupid s search and s share buttons, half the screen was useless for actual notifications. Plus the device was a tad laggy at times.

Havent had a nexus phone since my nexus one, and I'm loving this thing. Lollipop runs and looks great. No bloat, no lag. People say the screen is worse, but it looks damn good to me. Maybe if I had the same pic on each device in front of me, I could spot differences, but honestly, this screen is great. I'm not doing photoshop and print work on this thing.

Couldn't get 5.0 to update on its own yesterday so I side loaded 5.01 and 5.1.M then did a factory reset. Running like a champ.
    mumfoau and Miami1683 like this.
    03-26-2015 10:32 AM
    I did, love the n6, can't beat stock
    03-27-2015 09:11 AM
    I'm doing this today, the Amazon package with my N6 should be at home when I get there. Went from the Moto X to the Note 4, love the size, but Touchwiz is just not for me. Looking forward to stock Android and timely updates
    03-27-2015 09:50 AM
    I'm doing this today, the Amazon package with my N6 should be at home when I get there. Went from the Moto X to the Note 4, love the size, but Touchwiz is just not for me. Looking forward to stock Android and timely updates
    Will you stick with the stock launcher or load nova/third party launcher?

03-27-2015 01:26 PM
    I've been using the Google Now launcher on the Note 4, so probably stay stock. My touchwiz problems stem from lots of app crashes, random reboots, volume that randomly changes, and a GPS that would constantly lose signal. Never had these issues with the near stock moto x, so I'll be glad to get back to stock and Motorola for that matter
    03-27-2015 01:31 PM
    Had the N6 for some time now and I have to say that I am much happier than I was with the note 4. The Nexus with 5.1 is a speedy beast
    04-06-2015 01:13 PM
    I did at one point then I went blackberry now back to note 4
    I miss nexus 6

Posted via Note 4
    04-07-2015 05:58 PM
    Yup, I switched. I couldn't be happier. Stock android is the way to go. The thing that bothers me most about Samsung, is the water sound when you touch the screen. I love having audio recognition when I tap, I just hate Samsung's version of it.
    04-07-2015 10:49 PM
    I did at one point then I went blackberry now back to note 4
    I miss nexus 6

Posted via Note 4
    I went from blackberry to N6. I love the N6.

04-07-2015 11:30 PM
    I agree

Posted via Note 4
    04-08-2015 05:37 AM
    I had an issue getting n6 back so I had no choice to use note 4

Posted via Note 4
    04-08-2015 05:38 AM
    I've moved from my Note 3 to the N6 and it was a great move IMO - Love 5.1 and having the updates first!

I've also got a Note 4 for my business mobile and it's superb as well but got fed up of waiting for Lollipop to arrive on either via O2 UK!
    04-08-2015 06:22 AM
    I did and couldn't be happier. I bought the N4 while waiting for the N6 to be delivered in December. After having both and only 15 days to decide, I bought into the hype of the Note 4. It only took me about 30 days to regret it. I sold the Note for (for a loss of course) and bought the N6 from motorola.com.
    04-08-2015 08:36 AM
    Very interesting. Note 4 user here and have been having nexus 6 fever for a while. Not sure it is worth it at this point. Might as well wait to see what is coming later this year. Love note 4 though, great phone no doubt.

04-08-2015 08:48 PM
    Well I'm making the plung. I just bought a N6 and sold my N4. I'm looking forward to it. Hope I'm making a great move. I'm on Verizon btw.

04-18-2015 11:23 AM
    Well I'm making the plung. I just bought a N6 and sold my N4. I'm looking forward to it. Hope I'm making a great move. I'm on Verizon btw.

I'm on VZ as well with Note 4. I'm interested to hear what you have to say after having the phone for few days.

04-18-2015 07:05 PM
    I'm not sure if this qualifies, but I had a Note 4 for the 14 day trial and brought in a Nexus 6 for the last 7 days to compare them head to head. For me, the Nexus 6 won. It all depends on what you value.

The Note 4 screen was more detailed for viewing videos. If I didn't have them together I wouldn't have realized this, but Note 4 is better for video viewing. For reading text, web pages, etc, the difference was minimal.

Note 4 battery goes more than a day easily. Nexus 6 battery makes it to the end of the day, but not a lot to spare.

I didn't find myself using the s-pen nor the multi window. For me, the user experience is way better on the Nexus 6 for the things I do. The speakers are immersive compared to the puny speaker on the Note 4 and the 6" screen really draws you in when watching videos. I also own the HTC One M8 and these speakers are louder. Nexus 6 has the loudest speakers for music.

Of course the Nexus 6 is super fast and the Note 4 has the famous hesitation.

Nexus 6 is a little awkward in the hand, Note 4 feels easier to control.

I'm not a camera guy. Everybody says the Nexus 6 camera is good and the Note 4 camera is great, and I'll accept that although I never compared them. Plenty of websites have these types of comparisons.

In summary I returned the Note 4 because the Nexus 6 is fast, great speakers, latest updates, huge colorful screen, stock Android. I have that feeling where I feel in a good mood and happy when holding the Nexus 6.

You should have the Note 4 if you need the pen features, killer battery, or the absolute best screen.
    ejordan and m5rahul like this.
    04-18-2015 07:53 PM
    Sold my note 4 Monday after getting the nexus 6. No regrets. Love it. Speakers are great. Phone feels great. I've been very impressed with camera. Screen is awesome too.

04-18-2015 08:20 PM
    I own both phones. I go between them every week. There are times when I switch after a couple of days. They're both great phones. I couldn't imagine not having either phone.

The N6 is big and there are times I don't want to carry. Having said that, I love stock Android. The phone is really smooth from every aspect. I've done numerous comparisons with similar wallpapers and the N4 has a slight edge. This doesn't mean the N6 is bad, but you can see a slight advantage when side by side. The curve on the back actually feels better tin the hand than the square N4. With that said, the N4 is lighter and feels better in the pocket.

From a camera perspective, it is really hard to determine which is better. I truly think it is subjective. The N4s pictures are sharper but I don't know if that is always a good thing. The N6 pics are not soft- just not as sharp as the N4. I don't like taking pictures with any phone in low light, so I have no opinion. The N4 excels in providing options on taking pictures without doing hand gymnastics. In my opinion, this is where Touchwiz shines. Having the ability to say cheese and a picture is taken is worth the price of admission. Also, you have the option of using the heart rate sensor to take pictures as well.

As for battery life, this is a push for me. I'm a heavy media consumer and use all of my phones similarly. I don't conduct tests to see how long I can go before recharging. I have a spare battery for my N4 and a portable battery pack for the N6. If I'm at my job or home office, I plug in between 30-60%. There is just no reason for me not to have a charged phone. Lastly, I charge my phones at night. There is never a time when I feel I'm in danger of not having enough juice for any reason. When I hear folks say the phone doesn't last more than 24 hours, I wonder what do you truly expect from a device using so much data among other things. Why not just charge the phone overnight? It is something I'll never understand. It is also something I don't forget as it is right on my night stand. In any event, I think the majority of people can easily get through an 8 hour work day with these phones.

You just can't go wrong with either phone. You already know both phones are big, so your reason(s) not to keep should be for other reasons. I can understand how folks can pick either phone. I've decided to keep both and have the best of both worlds.

21stNow and tech_fan like this.
    04-20-2015 06:21 PM
79 123 ...