HD Calling

Cincybearcatfan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I never see that. My son has an iPhone 6 with HD calling and I have the N6 with HD calling. When I call him I never see it. Also, I still can't use data while on the phone. Everything just stalls when I try to load it.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I believe HD calling has to be supported by both parties in order for it to work, but I might be wrong. Not every call will have it, also depending on network load (I've had it on and off making calls to the same phone).

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
This is not just about device compatibility. There might be a software update needed on either phone, your area not having HD calls available, or the traffic is just too high for it to support it.

ericinaz

May 24, 2011
Visit site
The N6 and iPhone 6 both are compatible but it doesn't show that way when we call
.Who is your carrier and what version are you on D/E/M? On Verizon my wife has a Turbo and I have the N6. When we both are on LTE we get the HD on the dialer after the call connects. I am on E build

Cincybearcatfan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Verizon
a4dfa451a1c29a28c9cb60fe45a438be.jpg

ericinaz

May 24, 2011
Visit site

I don't mean to assume but If you're on build E then it should be turned on by default. On build D it has to be manually setup. Also make sure you add the feature to both handsets on your Verizon account via the website.

If for some reason the HD Voice Calling option is disabled or inaccessible on your phone after updating to Android 5.1, then you can try the following steps to fix the issue.

Navigate to Settings > More > Cellular Networks and enable the toggle switch for Enhanced 4G LTE Mode. However, if the toggle is missing then follow the steps provided below:

Launch the Dialer app on your phone, and dial *#*#4636#*#*.
Choose Phone information.
Enable or select VoLTE Provisioned Flag.
Restart the phone.
Go to Settings " More " Cellular networks and toggle the switch for Enhanced 4G LTE Mode, and the HD Voice calling feature should now be activated on your device running Android 5.1.

ericinaz

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Strange, it should work if you're both in LTE service and it's on your account as a feature. Sorry

May be try this on the iPhone. It's from Verizon...

To verify Advanced Calling 1.0 is ready to use on an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus:

Tap Settings
Tap Cellular
Tap Enable LTE
If Voice & Data has a check next to it, this indicates that Advanced Calling 1.0 is enabled and ready for use.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Again, ask if your area supports it. Just because your phone is enabled doesn't mean that the area you're in can actually handle HD calling.

Cincybearcatfan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I live a suburb of Cincinnati, our area supports it. I had it with my Droid Maxx and it worked fine. Just curious as to why it doesn't work now. I am unlocked, rooted, de-crypted. I wondered if that had something to do with it so I flashed the stock Verizon release and it still doesn't work. Can someone post a screenshot of what it looks like when they have it working on their N6?

ericinaz

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I live a suburb of Cincinnati, our area supports it. I had it with my Droid Maxx and it worked fine. Just curious as to why it doesn't work now. I am unlocked, rooted, de-crypted. I wondered if that had something to do with it so I flashed the stock Verizon release and it still doesn't work. Can someone post a screenshot of what it looks like when they have it working on their N6?

Here is a promotional screen shot of what it looks like. Mine looks the same minus the fact I don't have cute girls to call. Lol

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 6942.jpg
    6942.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 18

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz