I'm on T-Mobile but yet my Nexus 6 updated to 5.1 build LMY47D, why is it showing this?

D-darko1985

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
l'm on t-mobile but yet my Nexus 6 updated to 5.1 build LMY47D

I finally got the notification that I had an update, so I downloaded and installed. After installing I noticed that the build was LMY47D. I could careless if it wasn't for the fact that everything I've read has said that there was a certain build for T-Mobile which is LMY47M. If anyone could shed some light on this, it would be gratefully appreciated, thanx.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: l'm on t-mobile but yet my Nexus 6 updated to 5.1 build LMY47D

Yup, from AC's blog post it seems the 'M' version was supposed to be the one hitting T-Mobile, but then again, no actual T-Mobile user could confirm the update...until now. I guess the actual update rolling out is 'D', the one hitting all other Nexus 6?

UPDATE: Yup, even T-Mo Product guy confirmed it's M... weird...
https://twitter.com/askdes/status/578287292646739968

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I finally got the notification that I had an update, so I downloaded and installed. After installing I noticed that the build was LMY47D. I could careless if it wasn't for the fact that everything I've read has said that there was a certain build for T-Mobile which is LMY47M. If anyone could shed some light on this, it would be gratefully appreciated, thanx.

Did you get your Nexus 6 from T Mobile, Motorola, or Google?

D-darko1985

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site

Yupper... Anyway, I don't think T-Mobile is found outside the United States....

Fuzzy761210

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
the problem with making separate firmware is, as it branches out with carriers, it will be very difficult to switch to another branch. this defeats one of the 2 main features of a nexus.

Take T-mobile M firmware, lets say that the wifi calling firmware update is OTA that can only be added to the last T-mobile firmware. So someone that is on ATT or Verizon and wants to come to t-mobile can not get the proper ota update because they are not on the T-mobile firmware branch or vice versa. This is unless the user plans to flash the stock image of the firmware before it all branched out.

In my case I recently switch to t-mobile on friday from ATT, my phone OTA'ed to 5.1 D. now I'm in limbo because no one knows if google will make a ota firmware that will update from D to M or what ever future firmware T-mobile gets. I really don't want to mess with manually flashing firmwares but its something that might be my only option

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
the problem with making separate firmware is, as it branches out with carriers, it will be very difficult to switch to another branch. this defeats one of the 2 main features of a nexus.

Take T-mobile M firmware, lets say that the wifi calling firmware update is OTA that can only be added to the last T-mobile firmware. So someone that is on ATT or Verizon and wants to come to t-mobile can not get the proper ota update because they are not on the T-mobile firmware branch or vice versa. This is unless the user plans to flash the stock image of the firmware before it all branched out.

In my case I recently switch to t-mobile on friday from ATT, my phone OTA'ed to 5.1 D. now I'm in limbo because no one knows if google will make a ota firmware that will update from D to M or what ever future firmware T-mobile gets. I really don't want to mess with manually flashing firmwares but its something that might be my only option

The D package will work fine on TMO but M may be more optimized. I side loaded D the day it came out with the OTA update and then flashed E. I liked D better so flashed back to D. I am on ATT. It is getting a bit confusing so learning to flash may be worth it if you are so inclined. The hardest part is getting a computer to recognize the drivers and device. That is 80% of the challenge in my opinion and then if you use Wugs toolkit, it is pretty much one click.

Fuzzy761210

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
The D package will work fine on TMO but M may be more optimized. I side loaded D the day it came out with the OTA update and then flashed E. I liked D better so flashed back to D. I am on ATT. It is getting a bit confusing so learning to flash may be worth it if you are so inclined. The hardest part is getting a computer to recognize the drivers and device. That is 80% of the challenge in my opinion and then if you use Wugs toolkit, it is pretty much one click.

That was my problem trying to go to 5.0.1 as the driver issue kept me from using wug. I tried for a solid 4 hours.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
That was my problem trying to go to 5.0.1 as the driver issue kept me from using wug. I tried for a solid 4 hours.

I used a vista machine for a long time and a few months ago upgraded our desktop to Windows 8.1. It took a long time to get it but the fix was trying different USB ports before my phone was recognized when I plugged it into the computer. I have several USB 3 and some USB 2 ports and it finally worked on a USB 2 port. Frustrating but finally got it!

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I used a vista machine for a long time and a few months ago upgraded our desktop to Windows 8.1. It took a long time to get it but the fix was trying different USB ports before my phone was recognized when I plugged it into the computer. I have several USB 3 and some USB 2 ports and it finally worked on a USB 2 port. Frustrating but finally got it!

Why didn't you go to 7?

D-darko1985

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
So is there anyone else on T-Mobile that got the 5.1 update but it was build D? I bought my phone from T-Mobile store and it has a T-Mobile sim card, so why would it update to the wrong build?

cozzy123

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Because my computer came with 8 with a upgrade to 8.1 and I have had no issues at all. Not sure why 8 and 8.1 got so much negative press. My desktop runs like a champ.

Posted via Nexus 6!

I concur, 8.1 is awesome! Like it better than 7. BTW got build M on T-Mobile over the air today finally lol.

Posted via the Android Central App

Fuzzy761210

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
well, I used wugfresh to flash my factory image back to 5.0.1, so now I am waiting on 5.1 for T-mobile version to push out.

I was hoping it would prompt me for 5.1(M) after the whip but it didn't.

*edit* spoke to soon, after the phone was booted up for a couple minutes after signing into my google account it popped up

Last edited:

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
well, I used wugfresh to flash my factory image back to 5.0.1, so now I am waiting on 5.1 for T-mobile version to push out.

I was hoping it would prompt me for 5.1(M) after the whip but it didn't.

*edit* spoke to soon, after the phone was booted up for a couple minutes after signing into my google account it popped up

I was going to say.... Just go grab the M OTA and use Wugs to sideload it. You already have it set up.... But you got the OTA in the meantime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair