Long story short, I don't have a lot of time to wait to see the LG G4 unveiled let alone released, so my two choices are the LG G3 or Nexus 6, and I'm not sure what to grab. Going to T-Mobile as VZW prices are a bit too high for my family and I.

I have a Verizon GS5 (with minimal to no lag I might say), and was thinking on which to switch to, and needed some input. I also have a Nexus 7 2013 as well that I use for reading on the side. If those help.

Thank you!
    03-26-2015 12:39 AM
    If your happy with the gs5 I'd say either nexus 6 or note 4. Since the lg g3 is a bit dated.

Try them both out for yourself though the real question is do you want quick software update and pure android, honestly if that is not a priority I would go for the note 4 or g3 they off many extra software features.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-26-2015 12:52 AM
    I'm on Verizon which my G3 along with others was having call quality issues. So I switched to nexus 6 had choice of that or note 4 but never had much luck with Samsung signal strength. Nexus 6 is a great device faster, better screen and battery life than G3 with better call quality for me. G3 had more extras built in both nice devices but I think at this time the Nexus 6 is the better all around phone. One note the nexus 6 is definitely bigger but still not to big for me.

03-26-2015 01:59 AM
    Do you want a phone that you can still use one handed or do you want a phone that has a larger screen and will require two hands?

That's how you decide. T-Mobile G3 has an unlocked bootloader and AOSP/CM ROMs. Flash those and it's indistinguishable from a Nexus 6 other than the size. Fast updates are overrated, especially if you're into running ROMs. Besides, G3 is being updated to L soon.

More food for thought. G3 has potentially better battery life. From what I've read, Nexus 6 has similar battery to the G3. The G3 gas the added benefit of being able to use spare batteries to take you from 0% to 100% in just a few seconds. Personally, I'd choose that over quick charge.

Also, in my opinion, the G3 just feels a whole lot better to hold. Nexus 6 feels obnoxiously wide.
    03-26-2015 04:00 AM
    The g3 is a good device but I had a lot of problems with it after a few months. GPS issues, phone would lock up. I moved onto the note 4 then the nexus 6. Both are great and have negative and positives. I think the nexus has the best software. Very smooth and fast no issues I would even say it's as smooth as my iPhone 6 plus. The screen on the nexus is better, the g3 screen is a little dim I got used to it but not the best. The note 4 has the best screen then the nexus imho. You will also get updates right away with the nexus and not have to depend on LG and then the carrier. Both are good phones but at this time I think the nexus is a little more future proof with stock android and better processor, think it. Keep you happier longer than the g3.

t1328 likes this.
    03-26-2015 09:45 AM
    Do you want a phone that you can still use one handed or do you want a phone that has a larger screen and will require two hands?

That's how you decide. T-Mobile G3 has an unlocked bootloader and AOSP/CM ROMs. Flash those and it's indistinguishable from a Nexus 6 other than the size. Fast updates are overrated, especially if you're into running ROMs. Besides, G3 is being updated to L soon.

More food for thought. G3 has potentially better battery life. From what I've read, Nexus 6 has similar battery to the G3. The G3 gas the added benefit of being able to use spare batteries to take you from 0% to 100% in just a few seconds. Personally, I'd choose that over quick charge.

Also, in my opinion, the G3 just feels a whole lot better to hold. Nexus 6 feels obnoxiously wide.
    I agree with this. I have both and switch between them. Both are great devices. G3 was going for $450 not too long ago at Tmobile. Not sure if it still is.

03-26-2015 01:04 PM
    I just recently went from the G3 to the N6, since Verizon finally got off of their asses. The N6 was the phone I originally wanted, but since Verizon dragged their feet, I got the G3. Once the N6 got released on Verizon, I kept thinking about it, so had to make the change.

For me, the G3 was an exceptional device. The only downside that I experienced was poor screen on time. It never truly impacted me in a negative way, since I am not a heavy user, but something that was very apparent during those times of viewing a video or site for an extended amount of time.

The difference in size is negligible, for me. The N6 just doesn't feel that much bigger; I can one-hand both devices. Obviously the size of the user will change this, one way or the other. I would think those with smaller hands wouldn't want to deal with either.

Screen on battery life, for me, is better on the N6. There is really no comparison as far as I am concerned. The stand-by time appears to be better on the G3. The stand-by time on the G3 was almost magical, especially considering how much it eats the battery with the screen on.

-The N6 feels a touch snappier, but nothing that would have me choose it over the G3.

-I prefer the front-facing speakers of the N6. I used to do the old cup-the-speaker move on the G3 when viewing videos.

-I prefer the camera on the G3, but the N6 offering is no slouch. I take more carefully planned shots, never selfies (I hate that I even had to type that out, LOL), and rarely the quick grab-shoot-go shots, so my experince will be much different than one that shoots everything and lives on Instagram.

-I would have preferred expandable storage and a removable battery on the N6, like the G3 has, but I can live without it. It's really more about control than necessity.

That's my experience with the 2 devices.
    jdfry15 and ccates like this.
    03-27-2015 02:11 PM
    Long story short, I don't have a lot of time to wait to see the LG G4 unveiled let alone released, so my two choices are the LG G3 or Nexus 6, and I'm not sure what to grab. Going to T-Mobile as VZW prices are a bit too high for my family and I.

Thank you!
    The LG G3 is a great phone. However, simple choice for me between those two phones since I am also using T-Mobile. The LG G3 doesn't support T-Mobiles new 700Mhz Band 12 Block A spectrum that is T-Mobiles best spectrum band. This is a sub 1Ghz band that signal will penetrate building better and give you more signal distance from the cell tower. The Nexus 6 will be only the 4th phone after the Software update that's Radio supports T-Mobiles new 700Mhz Band 12 Block A spectrum behind the Samsung Note 4, Note Edge and S6.

Check the map out from this link if you live or travel to where T-Mobile own this 700Mhz spectrum. TMO is still trying to aquire more of this 700Mhz but if you don't see that it would help you then the LG G3 is still a great phone. Map of T-Mobile's 700 MHz spectrum - Spectrum Gateway
    03-27-2015 02:49 PM
    I owned the lg g3 and it was good for the first month or two.... Overheated Constantly and I am not a big gamer . screen would lock up have to do a battery pull.... 5.0 update made it 10 times worse..... I now own and the nexus 6 and love it... Sure a few issues runs better now on 5.1 .... Or just wait till October next nexus will be out or if u want a big phone note 5 possible........
    03-31-2015 02:56 AM
    to me this is a no brainer, nexus 6 cause it's more future proof, it'll be supported with updates over the next few years, better display, and everything that makes a nexus a nexus.

I have smaller hands but longer fingers and size of the nexus wasn't an issue the few times I handled one.

jdfry15 likes this.
    03-31-2015 10:08 AM
    I'm on Verizon which my G3 along with others was having call quality issues. So I switched to nexus 6 had choice of that or note 4 but never had much luck with Samsung signal strength. Nexus 6 is a great device faster, better screen and battery life than G3 with better call quality for me. G3 had more extras built in both nice devices but I think at this time the Nexus 6 is the better all around phone. One note the nexus 6 is definitely bigger but still not to big for me.

The same experience I had. The call quality sucked on the LG g3. Called service they sent me a new phone still had bad call quality. So I got the Nexus 6 and have been very happy.

04-04-2015 10:35 AM
    I have used just about every android phone out right now in the US and the Nexus 6 is by far the best. Pure android is so smooth and fast it makes my Note 4 feel like a LG Lucid lol. Plus you get fast updates. Its like iPhone with iOS. The software is made for the phone and there is no overlay like Touchwiz.

Nexus 6 is definitely the way to go.
    jdfry15 likes this.
    04-04-2015 12:56 PM
    I was deciding between the two also but in my opinion the nexus 6 is the better choice.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Nexus 6
    04-04-2015 07:32 PM
    N6 for long term support and updates, G3 for battery and camera and price. Both are great, I have a N6, wife has a G3.
    N6 has all the radios, so if you switch carriers you don't haz to switch phones.

Shamu to you too *splash*
    04-04-2015 08:14 PM
    N6 for long term support and updates, G3 for battery and camera and price. Both are great, I have a N6, wife has a G3.
    N6 has all the radios, so if you switch carriers you don't haz to switch phones.

G3 for battery? My G3's battery wasn't close to my N6

04-04-2015 10:16 PM
    Two of my main decision points are removable battery and SD card slot. That rules the Nexus out immediately for me.
    04-05-2015 02:25 AM
    Two of my main decision points are removable battery and SD card slot. That rules the Nexus out immediately for me.
    That rules a lot of phones out.

vepac likes this.
    04-05-2015 10:00 AM
    I'm sure he just means that it's removable.
    04-05-2015 01:34 PM

My wife is a low use person, she usually finishes the day with 17hours on less than 2hrs screen time and 40%-45% left.
    Me I can hardly make my nexus last 4 days on a charge.

04-05-2015 08:16 PM
    Im having the same problems it seems to be getting worse s
    As time goes by. I've noticed my phone severely overheats when im inside now. I am thinking it has something to do with this 700mh change.

06-01-2015 06:54 PM
    N6... Lg is a great company but the g3 has issues and after lollipop update it got worse ... I had major overheating issues several months in and the phone would lag.... 5.0 and all its bugs brought the current issues to overload and I had reach my limit.....
    N6 isn't is not without its flaws but I can say honestly there minor......

I won't own another phone except nexus why I didn't get one sooner I will never know...... Good luck....
    06-01-2015 08:29 PM