New Android 5.1 build LMY47I factory images now available for the Nexus 5 and Nexus 6 | Android Central

I wish they would just make up their mind.

Probably just minor changes, bug fixes and optimizations.
    This is what happens when you build a phone with every possible radio and support for all of the carriers.

Mav.
    03-26-2015 08:31 AM
    New Android 5.1 build LMY47I factory images now available for the Nexus 5 and Nexus 6 | Android Central

I wish they would just make up their mind.

Probably just minor changes, bug fixes and optimizations.
    This is what happens when you build a phone with every possible radio and support for all of the carriers.

Mav.
    I have E for Verizon. But I is after E, so it has to be better Haha. I think I'm becoming an update addict lol
    03-26-2015 10:16 AM
    I have E for Verizon. But I is after E, so it has to be better Haha. I think I'm becoming an update addict lol
    Unless it is vocabulary and then it is "I before E, except after C."

Mav.
    Emperor likes this.
    03-26-2015 10:25 AM
    Unless it is vocabulary and then it is "I before E, except after C."

Mav.
    Well since I think I started off with C, then I is still after E! Now I just need to get my lazy as$ out of bed so I can flash this
    03-26-2015 10:33 AM
    I have LMY47D (OTA Monday morning Sprint).

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-26-2015 10:50 AM
    Until the dust settles, I would advise against jumping on every new update... Just because it is newer doesn't mean it is better. The I image appears to be more geared towards Australian carriers. I would suggest that everyone stick to the version that your carrier has 'blessed' rather than just snatching up the next new thing.

I suspect that at some point, these forks will all merge back into a common code path, but now they are just pushing out updates specific to certain carriers/regions.
    matt3166 likes this.
    03-26-2015 11:13 AM
    Until the dust settles, I would advise against jumping on every new update... Just because it is newer doesn't mean it is better. The I image appears to be more geared towards Australian carriers. I would suggest that everyone stick to the version that your carrier has 'blessed' rather than just snatching up the next new thing.

I suspect that at some point, these forks will all merge back into a common code path, but now they are just pushing out updates specific to certain carriers/regions.
    I'll only update if the factory image is placed on Google's development website. The M update isn't on there so I won't update to that unless it gets put on there. Since I know how to do this without losing data I'm more comfortable flashing a new image. If something doesn't feel right then I'll just downgrade to an older image.

bold1193 likes this.
    03-26-2015 11:46 AM
    I'm still on D and have zero issues. I'm waiting until it all settles and we can have an OTA

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Emperor likes this.
    03-26-2015 12:32 PM
    It contains some sim card handling fixes. a few have reported better signal quality/strength. Its running the 95R radio. I'm running a LMY47E rom and the LMY47I OTA tried to download this morning but failed of course due to root. I'm getting along good with 98R so I don't know if I want to switch anyway.
    New Android 5.1 build LMY47I factory images now available for the Nexus 6.-screenshot_2015-03-26-09-14-00_zpsfv0qtezv.png
    03-26-2015 03:05 PM
    It contains some sim card handling fixes. a few have reported better signal quality/strength. Its running the 95R radio. I'm running a LMY47E rom and the LMY47I OTA tried to download this morning but failed of course due to root. I'm getting along good with 98R so I don't know if I want to switch anyway.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-03-26-09-14-00_zpsfv0qtezv.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	436.1 KB 
ID:	168247
    The OTA failed because you're already on 5.1.

03-27-2015 06:47 AM
    I'll only update if the factory image is placed on Google's development website. The M update isn't on there so I won't update to that unless it gets put on there. Since I know how to do this without losing data I'm more comfortable flashing a new image. If something doesn't feel right then I'll just downgrade to an older image.

Unless you're on T-Mobile, you shouldn't flash the M. Of you are, you should.

03-27-2015 06:47 AM
    Unless you're on T-Mobile, you shouldn't flash the M. Of you are, you should.

I'll flash it if Google puts it on their developers page. Since there is just one model for everyone each image will work on each carrier.

03-27-2015 02:45 PM
    I'll flash it if Google puts it on their developers page. Since there is just one model for everyone each image will work on each carrier.

My statement still holds.

03-28-2015 08:00 AM
    My statement still holds.

If you say so.
    03-28-2015 11:21 AM
    Stick with E if your on Verizon. I is for Australian carriers. I,E,M are variants to enable VoLTE for specific carriers.
    03-28-2015 01:08 PM
    How do I downgrade to D from E using wugfresh?

03-28-2015 01:31 PM
    How do I downgrade to D from E using wugfresh?
    Go into the flash/unroot setting and choose which version you want to downgrade to. If D isn't there you can download it yourself from Google and tell wug that you have it on PC. Don't forget to select the option of saving your data.
    03-29-2015 10:58 AM