nexus 2015 ... nexus 6 or wait?

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
had a chance to check out the S6/Edge and was obviously impressed, but wasn't that into the Edge so I'm considering just waiting to check out the Moto X 3rd gen and Nexus this fall. currently have the Nexus 4 and S4, and I'm wondering at this point if I should just wait or go with the current Nexus. I'd be holding out for 64 bit, hopefully a slightly smaller display, and a better camera/battery life. had the Edge blown me away, I would've preordered one, but I actually liked the S6 better.

I should add, if the rumors are Nexus using Hauwei, there's no way I'm interested. I'd get the Moto X 3rd gen before that.

Posted via the Android Central App

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
had a chance to check out the S6/Edge and was obviously impressed, but wasn't that into the Edge so I'm considering just waiting to check out the Moto X 3rd gen and Nexus this fall. currently have the Nexus 4 and S4, and I'm wondering at this point if I should just wait or go with the current Nexus. I'd be holding out for 64 bit, hopefully a slightly smaller display, and a better camera/battery life. had the Edge blown me away, I would've preordered one, but I actually liked the S6 better.

I should add, if the rumors are Nexus using Hauwei, there's no way I'm interested. I'd get the Moto X 3rd gen before that.

if your current phones work ok - you might as well wait the 6-7 months and see what the next Nexus brings and then decide at that point.

good luck.

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Nexus 6 is superb. If you want the good Motorola radios get it. Next Nexus up (rumor I heard) will be by LG. Unless 64 bit can speed up internet servers I doubt that you're going to see a great benefit for a while after 64 bit phones hit the market.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I myself am kind of waiting to see what happens. Right now the current rumors are both LG and Huawei are being considered for the next Nexus. I liked the N5, and like you, I am also hoping for a smaller displayed Nexus. Otherwise, I might also be looking at the Moto X 2015 (if there is going to be one).

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
As to size of N6. When I first got I thought it was big. But surprising how quickly I got used to it. Now everything else seems too small.
The screen size and stereo speakers make viewing videos a pleasure.

ray sital

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site

Don't wait get it now.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Something will always be just around the corner. I would say don't miss out on the nexus 6 it's a beautiful device

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Something will always be just around the corner. I would say don't miss out on the nexus 6 it's a beautiful device

a new Nexus only comes around once a year. if you sleep for 6 months you might as well wait and catch the next one and further future-proof yourself.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
a new Nexus only comes around once a year. if you sleep for 6 months you might as well wait and catch the next one and further future-proof yourself.

that's the direction I'm leaning. I'm content with what I have at the moment and patient enough to wait a few months. I'll throw $100 a month into my savings starting now so I can buy it with a wireless charger at launch. That'll replace the Nex 4.

I'm gonna wait for the moto x and if it falls short I'll replace my S4 with the S6.

Unless battery technology evolves significantly and/or USB-C becomes a necessity, I expect 3 years minimum out of both devices ... another reason to wait a few months.

Thanks for the advice guys!

Tenebrous

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I was in the exact same boat, kind of waiting for a 64 bit phone, but right now there's $150 Nexus 6 phones and free shipping from Google's Playstore. This is too good of deal for me to pass up -- QHD, water resistance, Qi wireless charging, 3,200 battery, VoLTE (HD Voice), solid radios compared to N4/N5, great size, etc. Moreover, with Sony (and others) also apparently having some overheating issues with Snapdragon 810 chipset (64 bit), the 805 actually looks better. Might have to wait a year or more for the next chipset, so right now, for the price, Nexus 6 is the way to go in my opinion.

Crest4

May 27, 2015
Visit site
After having the N6 I do not think I could go back to a smaller screen. The new Nexus had impressive rumored specs though

zkyevolved

May 12, 2010
Visit site
i just took the dive and i am switching to the nexus 6 after having the note 4. i saw a huge price drop on amazon and took the plunge

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I think that you should make the jump and get the Nexus 6. Personally, I just made the jump from the HTC M8, and so far I am really happy with the decision. I love the display and the speakers are great! Also my new Nexus 6 seems to be much more responsive and snapper than the HTC M8.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
As to size of N6. When I first got I thought it was big. But surprising how quickly I got used to it. Now everything else seems too small.
The screen size and stereo speakers make viewing videos a pleasure.
When I first got saw the N6 at a T-Mobile store, I thought it was too big. But after I got it, I got used to the size very quickly. Now, even a 5.5" screen seems too small.
Don't wait get it now.

Agree.

Yes, there may never be another 6" Nexus phone.
Or wait 2 years and further future proof yourself. Or better yet, wait until 128bit phones are the norm. But then 256bit phones will be just around the corner.........

Seriously? There are people still using the Nexus 4 comfortably, and could probably use it for another 2 years. The Nexus 6 will still be a good device for another 2-3 years for what most people do. At some point you should just get the phone you want and stop playing the waiting game. As been said by many, there will always be something else around the corner.

Then there are the people that are stuck in the waiting game, using 4 yr old cell phones because nothing has caught their attention. They should probably stay with what they have until it dies.

The Nexus 6 is a great device that will be relevant for quite some time. You can find them new for $450-$475 on Ebay. Good deal for a top phone.

zkyevolved

May 12, 2010
Visit site
When I first got saw the N6 at a T-Mobile store, I thought it was too big. But after I got it, I got used to the size very quickly. Now, even a 5.5" screen seems too small.

Agree.

Or wait 2 years and further future proof yourself. Or better yet, wait until 128bit phones are the norm. But then 256bit phones will be just around the corner.........

Seriously? There are people still using the Nexus 4 comfortably, and could probably use it for another 2 years. The Nexus 6 will still be a good device for another 2-3 years for what most people do. At some point you should just get the phone you want and stop playing the waiting game. As been said by many, there will always be something else around the corner.

Then there are the people that are stuck in the waiting game, using 4 yr old cell phones because nothing has caught their attention. They should probably stay with what they have until it dies.

The Nexus 6 is a great device that will be relevant for quite some time. You can find them new for $450-$475 on Ebay. Good deal for a top phone.
I just ordered mine from Amazon Spain for 459. I'm very excited to play with it. I want to return my note 4. What a laggy device samsung created... What a shame... Oh well... Let's see how the nexus 6 holds up these days to test it.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

Agree.

nope. argumentum ad absurdum.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_absurdum

WHEN you know that the new Nexus is coming out in a few months and you don't absolutely need a phone this very moment and can hang on a little while longer it's always wise and prudent to wait a little bit for the new model that you know will have better hardware and you know when it will be released.