BullFrog76

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
So I got my 5.1 update on tmo, m build. How do I check or switch to band 12 if I need to, or will it do it automatically?

Posted via the Android Central App

Deputy1

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Maybe a dumb question, but I can't see how to tell if you have band 12 on the app LTE discovery? All I'm seeing is band 4. I'm in Tampa with a strong LTE signal on T mobile. Thanks, guys.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Maybe a dumb question, but I can't see how to tell if you have band 12 on the app LTE discovery? All I'm seeing is band 4. I'm in Tampa with a strong LTE signal on T mobile. Thanks, guys.

This is a picture I swiped from another board that shows Band 12 displayed on the LTE Discovery App. Note the person that provided the picture even had a Nexus 6 listed at the bottom. LTE Discovery is only going to show you the Band of spectrum your phone is connected to at that time. Note Tampa area must have about a 100 T-Mobile cell transmitters like Fort Lauderdale/Broward County does. So you got a lot of driving and searching using just LTE Discovery. A single Cell towers has two, three or four cell transmitter units that each point in different directions where on one side of the tower you would get Band 12 and on another side you may just get Band 4.

LTE Band 12.jpg

Spectrumgateway shows at least two T-Mobile sites on their 700Mhz map in the Tampa area that have been reported months ago. The best way to find these T-Mobile 700Mhz cell towers is download the Cellmapper App and contribute data as explained on their cover page. I only turn on Cellmapper when I am driving around so it doesn't waste my battery when I not in my car uploading new data. I have used Cellmapper to cover Broward County in South Florida that shows the entire T-Mobile cell Tower network by bands & coverage direction. That you can click on any cell tower you find and get the information on that tower like I did here.

Last edited:

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
You can also dial *#*#3282#*#* into the dialer and then tap LTE Engineering. That will tell you what band you're on.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
All I have to say is, since the 5.1 update, with T-mo, I now have excellent coverage in two areas of my office building that had been fully dead zones before. Loving it!

BargainingJew

Banned
Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
You can also dial *#*#3282#*#* into the dialer and then tap LTE Engineering. That will tell you what band you're on.

I see LTE and LTE-Available. I do not see LTE Engineering. Nothing in that menu shows me what band I'm actually ON.

Please elucidate further.

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
All I have to say is, since the 5.1 update, with T-mo, I now have excellent coverage in two areas of my office building that had been fully dead zones before. Loving it!

Same here. Great news for sure. 5.1 has been great for me.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I see LTE and LTE-Available. I do not see LTE Engineering. Nothing in that menu shows me what band I'm actually ON.

Please elucidate further.

It may be faster to install Signal Check Pro. It has a shortcut that goes straight to it.

Attachments

• 26951.jpg
    26951.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 26952.jpg
    26952.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 72
  • 26953.jpg
    26953.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 72

chubz#IM

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Each sector of a cell site sends the same type of signal as the other sectors. The baseband units/software and equipment determine which sites operate on what spectrum and band.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm interested in the n6 for band 12. My work I get spotty coverage with my iPhone 6 plus. When I look at the band 12 map I see towers in the area but how close do they have to be to get the signal on band 12?

I'm in Southern California in the western San Gabriel valley area.