I use the speaker on my N6 to listen to approx 4 hours of podcasts daily. In the past week, when I start a podcast, the speaker is nice & loud, then in approx 10 seconds it starts to lower until I can still hear it, but it's too low. If I hit Pause, then Start, it's loud again for 10 seconds. YouTube has same problem. Volume settings are at max.

I called support and went into Safe Mode and ran a video on YouTube, same thing. I factory reset the phone and before installing my podcast player (BeyondPod) I played a video and the volume started loud & then lowered.

Before I call support again, any suggestions? I really think this is a software issue since the speaker can perform at a loud level and it's repeatable. I don't want to return my phone for a refurb. My phone has always been in a case with a screen protector, aka no scratches. I would like to avoid a refurb.

If it helps, I purchased the phone directly from Google and have a Sprint sim in it. Ver 5.1...yes, about a week ago.
    04-07-2015 10:41 AM
    I use the speaker on my N6 to listen to approx 4 hours of podcasts daily. In the past week, when I start a podcast, the speaker is nice & loud, then in approx 10 seconds it starts to lower until I can still hear it, but it's too low. If I hit Pause, then Start, it's loud again for 10 seconds. YouTube has same problem. Volume settings are at max.

I called support and went into Safe Mode and ran a video on YouTube, same thing. I factory reset the phone and before installing my podcast player (BeyondPod) I played a video and the volume started loud & then lowered.

Before I call support again, any suggestions? I really think this is a software issue since the speaker can perform at a loud level and it's repeatable. I don't want to return my phone for a refurb. My phone has always been in a case with a screen protector, aka no scratches. I would like to avoid a refurb.

If it helps, I purchased the phone directly from Google and have a Sprint sim in it. Ver 5.1...yes, about a week ago.
    Have you tried downloading the factory image from Google and flashing the 5.1 update again?
    04-09-2015 10:24 AM
    Good suggestion, but I remembered and found my post from back in Dec with the same problem. I'm having the phone replaced. Shame because my phone has been in a case with a screen protector - no scratches. I really don't want a refurb, but I can only assume that's what they will use to replace my phone.
    Edit: I also did a an additional factory reset and didn't restore any apps. It still had the same issue.
    04-09-2015 01:11 PM
    Does the volume slider change position as the output gets lower?

The N6 has two speakers (stereo) one at the top of the phone and the other at the bottom. Do they both rise and fall equally?
    04-09-2015 03:10 PM
    Wow, I ready thought you were onto something with the two speakers! However, they both get low. The slide doesn't change position.
    04-09-2015 03:22 PM

Same exact issue here.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-11-2015 03:43 AM
    Same exact issue here.

Posted via the Android Central App
    This phone is a piece of crap

Posted by a pissed off Nexus 6 user
    04-11-2015 04:29 AM
    I think it's hardware. Sometimes, when I tilt the phone sideways it makes the sound loud again. My replacement is arriving on Monday.

@541rrhse, wish I had your speedtest results.
    04-11-2015 10:41 AM
    Mine used to do it when it was on 5.0; but I rooted, de-encrypted, and then flashed stock LMY47E; no issues since.
    04-11-2015 02:33 PM
    Received my new phone yesterday. Thank you Google, it was a brand new phone. The speaker works perfectly, very loud and stays loud.
    04-12-2015 12:30 PM