HTC One M7 Charger with Nexus 6

purpleparrotuk

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Hello.
I have just tried my HTC One M7 wall charger with my Nexus 6. I thought it would work but at a much slower rate than the turbo charger. Problem is it doesn't work. It keeps flickering between charging and not charging constantly. I have ended up just plugging it in via usb to my PC.

The charger is Input 100-240v 200mA 50-60hz Outpt 5v 1A

Has anyone else successfully used this charger with the Nexus or have any idea why it doesn't work via the wall socket?

Thanks

Last edited:

JustCreepin

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
The exact same thing happened to me! I use my M7 charger at my work desk and it worked just fine charging my Galaxy Note 4. I got rid of the Note 4 and then when I plugged in my Nexus 6, the it kept alternating between charging and not charging - constantly. This essentially keep waking up the screen with notification after notification (that it was charging, then off charger, then charging, then off charger) and my battery started draining fast!

I thought I was out of luck.

Then, for some reason, when I tried today, it didn't show that it was charging, at all. Since my M7 charger is plugged into a power strip, I switched to another outlet on the strip. Now I'm getting fully charged, no flickering.

My only assumption is that the outlet in the power strip was going bad (and is now fully kaput) and I just needed to try it on another outlet.

I'll update if the flickering returns.

UPDATE: Flickering has returned and it continues to not charge. I'll go with your research that this charger is just not cut out for the N-6 :)

Last edited:

purpleparrotuk

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Mine does it no matter what outlet I use. It seems to be that 1 amp isn't enough. I googled and a few people have the same issue with this charger. Wonder why your appears to be working now though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2