Notifications on unlocked screen

purpleparrotuk

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Hello

I recently changed from an iPhone 6 plus to Nexus 6. One of the things I liked from the iPhone is when you ge a notification whilst you are browsing etc it will show a quick preview of it at the top of the phone then slide away. It appears the nexus just shows the icon in the top bar so you have to physically look who the message text etc is from by sliding the bar down. Not a major annoyance but is there any way you can change the type of notification you receive when the screen is unlocked?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Not sure about this but try Settings -> Sound & notification -> Interruptions -> When calls and notifications arrive -> Always interrupt.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I prefer to have my notifications off but you can switch them on

Settings>sound & notification>notification and select from there :)

DroidTron

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I think it may be application specific.

Android messenger behaves as your iphone. While browsing the web, it gives a preview on top for a few seconds before going away.

Google Hangouts also does this for the incoming SMS texts I just tested.

Gmail only provides the notification icon on the top bar and you must swipe down to see the full notification.

I never noticed the differences before until you mentioned it!

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 6, 2013
Visit site
I think it may be application specific.

Android messenger behaves as your iphone. While browsing the web, it gives a preview on top for a few seconds before going away.

Google Hangouts also does this for the incoming SMS texts I just tested.

Gmail only provides the notification icon on the top bar and you must swipe down to see the full notification.

I never noticed the differences before until you mentioned it!

This is how mine behaves...