02-17-2016 04:47 PM
39 12
tools
    I too have the same problem ever since the update. I have the Droid Turbo and ever since the update I can say OK GOOGLE all I want while screen is off and it will not respond.. It also does not work when I am on Bluetooth and I get a text, it ask me if I want to listen I say LISTEN and it never hears me. Just keeps saying sorry we are having trouble. uuugghhh I retrain my voice, I delete and retrain and still the same problem! So upsetting :-( what is the use of this if it don't work.
    Sounds like your issue is more about the droid than "ok Google." Like I said, with my nexus, it works while the screen is off and locked. You just have to give the command twice in order to complete action. The nexus 6 actually works excellent with Bluetooth. I have it such that my phone is unlocked when I'm connected to Bluetooth and the way it works "hands free" is impressive! If you ask Google now to send a text while on Bluetooth, it will actually repeat your text back to you before asking you to send it. Neat stuff!

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-06-2015 06:14 AM
    Personal results toggled on does work, but it's still not perfect. If you ask Google now to do anything with the clock app or phone app, it will not complete the command until you unlock the phone. That really sucks because it was working before 5.1. In fact, it won't even turn on the flashlight any more from the Lockscreen, unless you unlock first. Grrr!

It actually will turn the flashlight on mine, with the screen off and PIN lock enabled. I just have to ask it twice , LoL.
    I speak "ok Google", "turn on flashlight" which it shows it heard me correct ,,but the flashlight is off.The pop up box shows flashlight toggled off. If I say it again it turns it on the second time.
    08-06-2015 11:57 AM
    It actually will turn the flashlight on mine, with the screen off and PIN lock enabled. I just have to ask it twice , LoL.
    I speak "ok Google", "turn on flashlight" which it shows it heard me correct ,,but the flashlight is off.The pop up box shows flashlight toggled off. If I say it again it turns it on the second time.
    Same thing I said but different words. The initial command is the unlock and the repeat command takes the action. It's not perfect, but it works.

08-06-2015 02:47 PM
    My "Okay Google" quit working on system update, NOT GOOGLE Update. Can anyone help? Thanks
    10-23-2015 04:57 PM
    My "Okay Google" quit working on system update, NOT GOOGLE Update. Can anyone help? Thanks
    did you go into your google settings to make sure everything was turned on? Mine was off after the update.
    10-24-2015 04:13 PM
    After a system update my nexus 6 "OK Google" detection stopped working properly, if I click on the mic icon in the search bar it works fine, but when I go to re-enable always on detection it puts me back to retrain voice recognition, but it doesn't pic up my voice anymore, its like it cant hear me, sometimes when I click to start training it immediately says something went wrong, and can't complete the 3 training steps, I also lost the option to delete voice models or train for a new voice model outside of the OK Google section. Something funky is going on.
    10-26-2015 02:49 PM
    After a system update my nexus 6 "OK Google" detection stopped working properly, if I click on the mic icon in the search bar it works fine, but when I go to re-enable always on detection it puts me back to retrain voice recognition, but it doesn't pic up my voice anymore, its like it cant hear me, sometimes when I click to start training it immediately says something went wrong, and can't complete the 3 training steps, I also lost the option to delete voice models or train for a new voice model outside of the OK Google section. Something funky is going on.
    My OK Google detection after the latest update is messed up again as well it doesn't return any search results at all now. Very frustrating.
    10-26-2015 06:04 PM
    Thank you all. I found that i needed to turn off MotoVoice and OK GOOGLE, Then empty my cache. And of course turn above back on and Retrain. Thanks again
    10-26-2015 08:23 PM
    So I try to fix my okay Google detection with full hotword detection by switching between the two voice input methods and it did not work here on my screenshots had to turn off the lock screen method and it works fine. I don't get why I won't work with the lock screen activated.Ok Google not working after update-uploadfromtaptalk1445922747648.jpgOk Google not working after update-uploadfromtaptalk1445922756797.jpg
    10-27-2015 12:12 AM
    Latest google version 5.5.26.19 arm64

Not working on my M8 or G4 either. Only way for it to work again is to use the factory version until google can fix it.
    10-27-2015 12:17 PM
    Ok Google is not working on my Nexus 6 after the marshmallow update. I cant even keep the always ON option. It defaults back to OFF. The voice funcationalities have been lost. This may be one of the reasons for the slow rollout.
    10-29-2015 10:37 AM
    Google app was updated a few days ago and since then I can no longer day ok Google when the screen is off. Looks like a few people have the same problem looking at the reviews on the play store. Anyone else have the problem? Is there a way of reverting back?
    I just turned this feature on and it works. Have you tried retaining it to recognize your voice? I'm on 5.1.1

10-29-2015 07:09 PM
    So I try to fix my okay Google detection with full hotword detection by switching between the two voice input methods and it did not work here on my screenshots had to turn off the lock screen method and it works fine. I don't get why I won't work with the lock screen activated.
    Add the voice as a Trusted Voice in Phone settings - Security - Smart Lock (ot Google search app - slide in from right - Settings - Voice - On Google detection). When saying "OK Google" the phone instantly unlocks and you can continue with the question
    02-17-2016 04:07 PM
    Add the voice as a Trusted Voice in Phone settings - Security - Smart Lock (ot Google search app - slide in from right - Settings - Voice - On Google detection). When saying "OK Google" the phone instantly unlocks and you can continue with the question
    Yes this phone works fine now. I have another phone and my Nexus 6 and on later software. Thanks.
    02-17-2016 04:47 PM
39 12