Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

06-25-2020 10:10 PM
34 12
tools
    So I purchased a new nexus 6 a couple months back.. every so often pictures that other people have taken with their camera are showing up in my photos. I thought it might be a Bluetooth thing since I just got a pebble watch, but yesterday I received a picture that was taken at a local park a few miles away. I thought it was maybe a room mate messing with me, but they are just a freaked out by it as I am. It is very disconcerting to know that I am receiving other peoples photos that they have taken with their camera. Are other people getting mine? I can not find anything on the internet that would constitute receiving others camera pictures. I thought it might be an app, but then local people playing disc golf-- their pictures were coming on to my phone.. It has happened a handful of times.. maybe 10 pictures total. I am going to call some sort of customer service tomorrow.
    04-13-2015 04:46 AM
    That is a really weird and disconcerting!
    Did you buy that phone new or used?
    I will ask other ambassadors about this, they might have a better idea.
    04-13-2015 05:58 AM
    That's weird! The only thing I can think of is that you're getting those photos through your Google + account. Are you using it and syncing with your Photos app? Check your G+ account and see all the information you can about those photos.

Just in case, uncheck the sync settings in your photos app and see if the problem persists.
    04-13-2015 06:29 AM
    I recommend you to create an account and join the Android Central community. This way you can answer some questions that we'll need to know to help you with this problem.
    04-13-2015 06:33 AM
    Check and see what accounts are synced to your device

Moto X 2014
    04-13-2015 06:34 AM
    I was the one who made the post. Thank you for the replies so far. It is a new phone. I am synced with Google, though the pictures are not coming from someone with access to that. Let me check and get back with you guys.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-13-2015 06:46 AM
    I checked my photos app. I am not synced or automatically backing up to my Google

04-13-2015 06:50 AM
    Only my account to my Google is synced

04-13-2015 06:50 AM
    Checked Google plus app. I am synced, but I have all the notifications and things already turned off. I'm going to try to disengage my Google and sign back in, see if that helps.

04-13-2015 06:53 AM
    Which app are you using, Photos or Gallery?

Long press on one of those photos, tap on the overflow menu and select details. That should show some information about the pic. Check the path and maybe you can have a clue of which app saved it.

Oh! Thanks for joining in. Welcome to the forums!
    04-13-2015 06:56 AM
    Update: my photos and location and such were never synced to Google plus. Like I said, they are pictures that look like they aren't /weren't suppose to be shared, especially from Google. I thought it might be some crazy Bluetooth malfunction until a picture showed up that was no where close to my location. Never even drove by.

04-13-2015 06:57 AM
    Will do. Thank you very much

04-13-2015 06:58 AM
    I was never signed in to my photos app through Google or Google plus.. So I have no idea how the photos got there

04-13-2015 07:17 AM
    Have you managed to see the path of those photos? The way to do that is different for the photos app or the gallery. This is from the photos.
    Attached Thumbnails Why are other peoples photos showing up in my gallery?!-1428929167815.jpg  
    04-13-2015 07:45 AM
    It says messenger? Which I have. But I don't know the people in the pic, and I haven't received messenger notifications. I am going to delete messenger

Attached Thumbnails Why are other peoples photos showing up in my gallery?!-27574.jpg  
    04-13-2015 07:50 AM
    I still don't understand how messenger could put photos, in my photos. That's unsettling. I've uninstalled it.

04-13-2015 07:52 AM
    Google or Facebook Messenger? They share the same name. The Google one shares photos through MMS. Maybe someone just had your phone number by mistake in their contacts. Never used the FB app, so not much help there.
    04-13-2015 08:02 AM
    Did someone MMS you photos? Those would be automatically added to Google+ Photos depending on your settings.

04-13-2015 08:22 AM
    No, I don't have any Google friends that would share something like that.. Just a picture of some dudes playing disc that I've never met.

04-13-2015 08:33 AM
    I uninstalled and updated my Google messenger. Deleted Facebook messenger. So hopefully that fixes it.

04-13-2015 08:38 AM
    I still don't understand how messenger could put photos, in my photos. That's unsettling. I've uninstalled it.
    Here's the way it works. Facebook messenger (or whatsapp or another app) gets a message with an attached photo. Your phone downloads it to let you view it. The Photos app is running in the background auto-backing up all photos for you (which is a good thing - that way, if you lose your phone, you still have your pictures!)
    Now, here's the important thing. The first time "Photos" finds a new folder (from new application) to backup, it will prompt you asking if you want to back that up. If you say no, it won't back it up. If you say yes, it will back it up.

Open the photos app, and tap on the menu (top left - 3 stacked horizontal bars), select On device. You can now see the various locations. If the cloud icon on the right of each location has a line thru' it, it is not getting backed up. If it is blue and has an arrow pointing up, it is being backed up. Tap on it to toggle.

Hope that helps!
    the tall guy likes this.
    04-13-2015 09:20 AM
    The thing is, my cloud was not on. On this lollipop nexus 6, i never have gotten a message to accept something like that from messenger. The thing is, I have never seen any of the people in the photos I've gotten. They have just showed up in my photos application. I have gotten 3 on easter. One was a ****** with lips pulled up to make it look like bunny ears, with the meme saying, "happy easter" (which was actually pretty hilarious). It has also uploaded a pretty graphic picture (**** meme)... So I though it was my roommates messing with me. Now I realize that somehow it allowed someone to post straight into my photos app. What if someone sees that? Try explaining that when you are trying to show someone a picture of your dog?

04-13-2015 09:54 AM
    I found photos in the photo app on my nexus 6 recently that I didn't download as well. I don't think they were pictures people took but they were more like wallpapers. They were landscape ones. It happened about a week ago I think.

04-13-2015 10:29 AM
    This are the kind of photos I was getting

Attached Thumbnails Why are other peoples photos showing up in my gallery?!-27573.jpg  
    04-13-2015 10:33 AM
    And the inappropriate ones.

04-13-2015 10:33 AM
34 12