Is the battery life on the Nexus 6 about the same as the battery life on the Moto X(2014) or is it better?

Thanks
    04-20-2015 05:10 PM
    It is better. For my usage the X lasts a solid full day, 2-3 hours SoT over 18-24 hours. The Nexus will last about 36 (average) hours with 3-4 hours SoT or I can get 5-6 hours SoT if I use it a lot more, then it only lasts about 20-24 hours. Long story short, in the same 24 hours I can get about double the SoT, with similar or slightly more SoT I can get about another half a day of use without looking for a charger. If the X is working for you, the Nexus will be fantastic.
    tech_fan and dusoccer10 like this.
    04-20-2015 05:16 PM
    Totally agree with the above, battery on the Nexus 6 is brilliant. I had the Note 4 before this and I couldn't get anywhere near the SOT I get with my Nexus. It easily lasts me all day, by night I have approx 40% left
    04-22-2015 06:48 AM
    I get a full day on my moto x with 4-5 hours sot. I don't know why it gets labeled as a bad battery life phone. I've read the x had better life due to the nexus huge screen

Moto X 2014
    04-22-2015 08:01 AM
    Thanks for the information. I went ahead and ordered the device last night. I should get it by Friday
    the tall guy likes this.
    04-22-2015 09:06 AM
    Thanks for the information. I went ahead and ordered the device last night. I should get it by Friday
    Congratulations! Don't forget to share your unboxing video and first impressions
    tech_fan likes this.
    04-22-2015 09:09 AM
    Most criticism of the battery life of the Nexus 6 comes from users of another platform, who's larger (for them) flagship does have substantially longer battery life than the Nexus 6 in most usage situations.

Of course, those users tend to be or pretend to be unaware of the fact that they are making an "apples-to-oranges" comparison where the one (we'll call it the 'apple') has longer battery life, but largely due to the sacrifices they make in accepting a smaller display with a fraction of the resolution of the other (we'll call it the 'orange').

They also tend to ignore the fact that for nearly every user, either device will easily makes it through a full day of heavy use, for which battery life that extends it beyond that duration is essentially irrelevant unless it successfully spans two days - a feat that neither does.
    04-22-2015 09:30 AM
    Most criticism of the battery life of the Nexus 6 comes from users of another platform, who's larger (for them) flagship does have substantially longer battery life than the Nexus 6 in most usage situations.

Of course, those users tend to be or pretend to be unaware of the fact that they are making an "apples-to-oranges" comparison where the one (we'll call it the 'apple') has longer battery life, but largely due to the sacrifices they make in accepting a smaller display with a fraction of the resolution of the other (we'll call it the 'orange').

They also tend to ignore the fact that for nearly every user, either device will easily makes it through a full day of heavy use, for which battery life that extends it beyond that duration is essentially irrelevant unless it successfully spans two days - a feat that neither does.
    I don't think this is true at all. I came to the nexus 6 from the note 4 and Xperia z2 and was just expecting better battery life. Obviously the Xperia got much better battery but so did the note. This was last year so I don't know if it's been optimized now. Just wanted to say that not all of us came from an iPhone 6 plus just To bash the nexus 6 battery life.

Either way it's much better than the Moto x and had I come straight from my nexus 5 to my nexus 6 I probably would have been amazed.
    04-22-2015 09:37 AM
    I don't think this is true at all. I came to the nexus 6 from the note 4 and Xperia z2 and was just expecting better battery life. Obviously the Xperia got much better battery but so did the note. This was last year so I don't know if it's been optimized now. Just wanted to say that not all of us came from an iPhone 6 plus just To bash the nexus 6 battery life.

Either way it's much better than the Moto x and had I come straight from my nexus 5 to my nexus 6 I probably would have been amazed.
    Not all IP6+ users do, but they have been the most outspoken. Note 4 users making comparisons are much closer in validity when they don't voice other relevant factors as at least that phone shares the same resolution (though at a smaller display size). As to the Z2, given the vastly smaller screen and lower resolution, its users could have complained that the Nexus 6 battery wasn't 'enough' longer.

But these points are generally all hyping a spec that is generally meaningless to the typical person, to whom the only thing that should matter in terms of battery life is, 'will it get me through a full day,' to which the answer is, 'easily.'
    04-22-2015 09:52 AM
    This is what I did, and I have been amazed. But I'm curious as to whether the iP6+ really has better battery life post 5.1? I wasn't there, but I know that's when a lot of the battery-run-down tests were done in device reviews (e.g. the impressively thorough Anandtech got a bad time in their initial review, but didn't follow up when 5.1 hit). Even then some of the more realistic use-case tests (like the PhoneArena constant use test) found the Nexus 6 had better battery life.

So I sort of feel like a lot of the "N6 has terrible battery life" meme is due to the high variance in daily battery drain at launch (certainly AC reported that some days were fantastic and others were terrible) and doesn't reflect the device as it is currently experienced by most (or at least me!).

Unfortunately I can't even hurl anecdotal evidence at this - I don't know any iP6+ owners. I do know several iP6 owners, and they sure seem to get worse battery life than I have this first week, but we all know that app choice, personal usage habits, etc. can have a dramatic impact on these reports. At the least I don't have any reason to feel envious of the battery life I'm seeing others get, which is not something I could say for the N5.
    04-22-2015 11:18 AM