Or am I just missing it? I just want to see my fb friends' profile pics pulled into the Contacts app, like with every other Android phone I've had...

AC App
    Nexus 6
    04-24-2015 08:15 PM
    I think you're right. Stock Android stopped doing it a few years back. This works pretty well though:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ncme.syncmeapp

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-24-2015 08:52 PM
    If so, its a good thing. I constantly get spam from spoofed emails using contact names from my Facebook contacts. God forbid that all of my contacts names would be available on Facebook. The spam would never end.
    04-24-2015 09:42 PM
    Or am I just missing it? I just want to see my fb friends' profile pics pulled into the Contacts app, like with every other Android phone I've had...

AC App
    Nexus 6
    Stock Android has never synced with Facebook. And it's not because Google doesn't want to, it's because Facebook jealously guards their social data and refuses to share it openly.
    04-25-2015 01:01 AM
    Use Haxsync
    ottscay and SonicJoe like this.
    04-25-2015 06:27 AM
    Use Haxsync
    No that's antiquated garbage. Sync.me

04-25-2015 06:53 AM
    Stock Android has never synced with Facebook. And it's not because Google doesn't want to, it's because Facebook jealously guards their social data and refuses to share it openly.
    So how has every skinned Android phone I've had been able to do it right out of the box?

AC App
    Nexus 6
    04-25-2015 07:20 AM
    So how has every skinned Android phone I've had been able to do it right out of the box?

AC App
    Nexus 6
    I would guess it's because the OEMs have an agreement with Facebook since every skinned phone I've had always had Facebook pre-installed or had the account setup for it under the accounts setting in the settings menu of the device. With nexus devices it's normally only the software Google wants installed (theirs) rather than Google's apps and all the other apps the specific OEM wants installed (e.g. Samsung with their app store).

ottscay likes this.
    04-25-2015 07:36 AM
    No that's antiquated garbage. Sync.me

May be antiquated but works like a charm.. Better than Sync.me in my opinion
    04-25-2015 07:58 AM
    I would guess it's because the OEMs have an agreement with Facebook since every skinned phone I've had always had Facebook pre-installed or had the account setup for it under the accounts setting in the settings menu of the device. With nexus devices it's normally only the software Google wants installed (theirs) rather than Google's apps and all the other apps the specific OEM wants installed (e.g. Samsung with their app store).
    That's it exactly. HTC has had an agreement with Facebook at least as far back as the first Droid Incredible (my wife had it), and I presume Samsung has had an agreement for quite a while also. Motorola didn't (and hasn't) as far as I know, because I had to sync them on my Droid X, and of course on every Nexus device I've owned.
    04-25-2015 11:02 PM
    I use UberSync.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...t.contactssync

Dukins likes this.
    04-27-2015 08:50 AM
    That is one of the biggest negatives or positives of stock Android. If you use all of the available social media engines you have to use third party apps to get close to the same functionality with OEM versions of Android. And the third party apps don't integrate as well as the built in capabilities that Sony, HTC, Samsung and LG have. For me, it is a huge negative with stock Android but for others it is a huge positive. Just depends on your needs.
    04-27-2015 11:37 AM
    Use Haxsync
    Gotta say I have found Haxsync to be excellent
    04-27-2015 08:45 PM
    When you logon to the Facebook app, one of the 2 questions is do you wish to sync your contacts. Might also need to show your Facebook contacts in the contacts app. Somewhere in settings where you state what books to show, phone contacts, google contacts, sim card, etc...
    04-30-2015 03:51 PM
    When you logon to the Facebook app, one of the 2 questions is do you wish to sync your contacts. Might also need to show your Facebook contacts in the contacts app. Somewhere in settings where you state what books to show, phone contacts, google contacts, sim card, etc...
    All wrong.

05-10-2015 12:59 AM
    Just to state it in a way that Vonnegut would (kinder) - there is unfortunately no choice in the contacts app for Facebook contacts to display. On my Nexus I have the choice of linking my Google+ contacts, Linked-In and of course Google account.
    05-10-2015 02:34 AM
    Is it still working for you? Im on Lollipop and it stopped working.
    06-19-2015 09:52 AM
    Is it still working for you? Im on Lollipop and it stopped working.
    None of these apps work anymore. Facebook blocked the api a few months ago.

06-19-2015 11:44 AM