T-Mobile to sprint help

realbanana

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Hey I bought my n6 from T-Mobile. I just switched phones to a ip6 +. Was going to give my n6 to a friend in sprint just switch sims. But. For some reason I don't know why it's not working. It should the T-Mobile n6 should be unlocked.

BargainingJew

Banned
Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Its a Sprint issue. They won't accept a Nexus 6 bought from another carrier.

Patently wrong. They will, you just need to have them manually add the phone's identification number (it's called something besides IMEI for Sprint, but it's the same as the IMEI, minus the last digit) to their database.

Absolutely moronic CDMA carriers...

Posted via the Android Central App

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey I bought my n6 from T-Mobile. I just switched phones to a ip6 +. Was going to give my n6 to a friend in sprint just switch sims. But. For some reason I don't know why it's not working. It should the T-Mobile n6 should be unlocked.

Its called the MEID. It is basically the IMEI minus the last digit.

Miami1683

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Wipe the device then I sent the Sim with the device off and see if it catches the network from there. I use a tmo device on vzw with no issues..

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

SonicJoe

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Patently wrong. They will, you just need to have them manually add the phone's identification number (it's called something besides IMEI for Sprint, but it's the same as the IMEI, minus the last digit) to their database.

Absolutely moronic CDMA carriers...

Has anyone successfully gotten this done? Last I heard, Sprint won't white-list any phones manually. It either has to be the Sprint sold version, a Google Play version, or purchased directly from Motorola as those are the only ones they have white-listed. Maybe I just missed something, or it hasn't been widely publicized.

Deputy1

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Please excuse me if I'm wrong. I bought my N6 from Sprint, then switched my SIM card to T Mobile. Works flawlessly from that point. I know your question is not the same, but maybe it will give some perspective.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
"Sprint stores" come in 2 flavors, but they look the same (unlike other carriers) - stores owned by Sprint and independent stores that sell Sprint. Associates in company owned stores are much more likely to know the company's procedures or can turn you over to a manager who does.

BargainingJew

Banned
Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Please excuse me if I'm wrong. I bought my N6 from Sprint, then switched my SIM card to T Mobile. Works flawlessly from that point. I know your question is not the same, but maybe it will give some perspective.

That's opposite situation and completely irrelevant to this situation, since Sprint is the stupid CDMA carrier, and T-Mobile is a smart logical GSM one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance