Hey I bought my n6 from T-Mobile. I just switched phones to a ip6 +. Was going to give my n6 to a friend in sprint just switch sims. But. For some reason I don't know why it's not working. It should the T-Mobile n6 should be unlocked.
    04-25-2015 06:55 PM
    Its a Sprint issue. They won't accept a Nexus 6 bought from another carrier.
    04-25-2015 08:15 PM
    Its a Sprint issue. They won't accept a Nexus 6 bought from another carrier.
    Patently wrong. They will, you just need to have them manually add the phone's identification number (it's called something besides IMEI for Sprint, but it's the same as the IMEI, minus the last digit) to their database.

Absolutely moronic CDMA carriers...

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-26-2015 01:02 PM
    Hey I bought my n6 from T-Mobile. I just switched phones to a ip6 +. Was going to give my n6 to a friend in sprint just switch sims. But. For some reason I don't know why it's not working. It should the T-Mobile n6 should be unlocked.
    Its called the MEID. It is basically the IMEI minus the last digit.

04-26-2015 01:13 PM
    Wipe the device then I sent the Sim with the device off and see if it catches the network from there. I use a tmo device on vzw with no issues..

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    04-26-2015 02:12 PM
    Patently wrong. They will, you just need to have them manually add the phone's identification number (it's called something besides IMEI for Sprint, but it's the same as the IMEI, minus the last digit) to their database.

Absolutely moronic CDMA carriers...

Has anyone successfully gotten this done? Last I heard, Sprint won't white-list any phones manually. It either has to be the Sprint sold version, a Google Play version, or purchased directly from Motorola as those are the only ones they have white-listed. Maybe I just missed something, or it hasn't been widely publicized.
    04-26-2015 06:32 PM
    Please excuse me if I'm wrong. I bought my N6 from Sprint, then switched my SIM card to T Mobile. Works flawlessly from that point. I know your question is not the same, but maybe it will give some perspective.
    04-26-2015 06:38 PM
    "Sprint stores" come in 2 flavors, but they look the same (unlike other carriers) - stores owned by Sprint and independent stores that sell Sprint. Associates in company owned stores are much more likely to know the company's procedures or can turn you over to a manager who does.
    04-26-2015 10:37 PM
    Please excuse me if I'm wrong. I bought my N6 from Sprint, then switched my SIM card to T Mobile. Works flawlessly from that point. I know your question is not the same, but maybe it will give some perspective.
    That's opposite situation and completely irrelevant to this situation, since Sprint is the stupid CDMA carrier, and T-Mobile is a smart logical GSM one.

04-27-2015 06:54 AM
    The last I knew, you can't activate a phone on sprint unless it was purchased from sprint or from Google. It's been going on since the Nexus 5. https://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/150262?tstart=0
    04-29-2015 06:59 PM