I just set my Nexus6 down on top of my iPad which is in a Rockform case which has magnets in it. When I set it down it was off but the screen turned on. I played around with it a little and my Nexus6 will turn on my putting it near a magnet. If the phone is on and I put it near a magnet the screen goes off when near the magnet then turns back on when I pull it away. Anyone know about this, is there some function of the phone that uses the magnetic force to do something. It looks like the trigger spot is at the M logo on the back.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-27-2015 05:52 AM
    Its a feature, do you know those phone cases that let you close your phone in it like a book?
    Some of them have a small magnet inside so whenever you open it screen automaticaly goes ON and OFF when it's closed.
    04-27-2015 07:33 AM
    Hmmm, I wonder about this, for A very short time I tried out one of those CD/Vent magnetic car phone holders and never had the screen turn on when attaching the phone to the holder. I also tried to replicate what is happening with your phone with my Nexus 9 (in case,) and kindle but phone screen never turned on no matter which way i tried placing it. I wonder if that particular case is generating an energy through the magnets that makes the phone respond as if it thinks it has been placed on a QI charger.
    04-27-2015 02:29 PM