Hi folks. I decided on a Nexus 6 and am excited

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Same here, had just a few months with m8 but it was lagging too much and so far I'm happy with n6

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Ya...M8 started randomly freezing up, and then it just completely croaked.
I actually sent it off to be repaired, and when a friend at work let me play with his Nexus 6, I decided to make the switch.
How's the battery life?
Great actually!

Better than the HTC M8, believe it or not.

action-packed

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
After watching and reading TONS of reviews, the only thing holding me back is the battery. I know some users said the battery life if great but all the reviews I see say its sub par or terrible. Im a heavy user. Im always on my phone. On my LG G3 if I use it heavy it dies in 2 hours. If I use it heavy how long until the battery dies? 4 hrs? 5 hrs?

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
After watching and reading TONS of reviews, the only thing holding me back is the battery. I know some users said the battery life if great but all the reviews I see say its sub par or terrible. Im a heavy user. Im always on my phone. On my LG G3 if I use it heavy it dies in 2 hours. If I use it heavy how long until the battery dies? 4 hrs? 5 hrs?

I definitely get better battery than the g3 at least 50 percent more but with quick charging you can get much more time with minimal charging time

Posted via the Android Central App

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Even with moderately heavy use (frequent e-mails, multiple phone calls, and web browsing) I am typically get 8 to 10 hours without a charge.

Personally, though I tend to try to plug-in my phone on a frequent basis, because I prefer to keep my battery above 50%.
I definitely get better battery than the g3 at least 50 percent more but with quick charging you can get much more time with minimal charging time

Personally I have not yet used the Rapid charger that came with the phone, but even with a standard charger, I notice that the phone tends to charge fairly quickly.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Im eligible for an upgrade next month and I'm really leaning on the Nexus 6. I hate my LG G3. 2 questions though. Is the camera really as bad as the reviewers make it out to be? And how good is the battery life? Because my LG G3 would die 12 hours into my day even if I don't use it unless I put it airplane mode.

Don't buy it under contract.
Right now it's cheaper buying outright from Amazon/Google/Motorola.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
With Verizon, out of contract, the month to month discount is $25 with data plans 6gb or more.
$25 x 24 months = $600.
So under contract with Verizon will cost $600 plus the $50 for the phone over the course of 2 years.
Buying out right with the sale going on now is a $150 savings.

RonW3

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Just got my N6 yesterday. Switched from iPhone 5 against the warnings from all my family and friends who are iOS loyalists.
4 words, I LOVE THIS PHONE. Even a very close friend that is a device trainer for Verizon warned me against making the switch.
Sorry,but so far I thinkI made the right choice. Very impressed so far.

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Just got my N6 yesterday. Switched from iPhone 5 against the warnings from all my family and friends who are iOS loyalists.
4 words, I LOVE THIS PHONE. Even a very close friend that is a device trainer for Verizon warned me against making the switch.
Sorry,but so far I thinkI made the right choice. Very impressed so far.
Great to hear that you love the Nexus 6!

As probability mentioned, I just switched from an HTC M8 to my current new Nexus 6, and so far I am really happy with the switch.

Honestly, in the past I had never even considered a Nexus device, because n the past the screen, sound, and camera suxed.

Both Google and Motorola really 'hit-it-out-of-the-park' with the Nexus 6

Trust me, you will be so happy with the flexibility of Android. Make sure that you root your device. There is so much that you can do with the Nexus 6 once it is rooted.

It is good to get away from the 'Walled Garden' of iOS.

Enjoy your new phone!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084