If I RMA a Nexus 6 bought on the Moto store, can I get a Verizon branded one in exchange?

tysdroid17

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
The back on my Nexus 6 is peeling a bit. I push it back, but I imagine the adhesive is going to wear out at some point. When I bought the phone, I thought it would work on Verizon, no problem, which it has mostly. However, I have not been able to make any changes on my account without going through hell (happened once already) and I have filed an FCC complaint, which lead to nothing. So, I am wondering, do you think that I can exchange my non-Verizon Nexus 6 for a Verizon branded one through the Motorola store?

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
If I RMA a Nexus 6 bought on the Moto store, can I get a Verizon branded one ...

Buy a cheap vzw phone from EBay or Swappa with a cracked screen or whatnot. Make sure it takes a nano sim. Pop your sim out of your Nexus, put it into the crap phone, turn it on and let it register with the tower.

Go to the VZW website or call customer service and make changes to your account. When you're done, pop the sim back into the Nexus.

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Motorola with swap for an identical phone or upgrade to the next model up (ie Moto X developer's edition to Nexus 6 GSM unlocked)

So, they won't let you go lateral.

Posted via the Android Central App

BargainingJew

Banned
Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
They do have carrier models in stock. When I RMA'ed (broken screen) my T-Mobile one with Moto, I got a T-Mobile one. Had T-Mobile on the sticker on the box and a T-Mobile SIM inside. But I don't think they'll let you switch voluntary.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463