New Nexus 6 owner

llfloyd79

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I have a Note 4 but man I'm so tempted to JUMP to the Nexus 6 today. Love Pure Google. This is a tough decision.

Posted via the Android Central App

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have a Note 4 but man I'm so tempted to JUMP to the Nexus 6 today. Love Pure Google. This is a tough decision.

Which JUMP are you on? The first one or the revised one? If you are on the original... what are you waiting for?! :) Worst case you aren't that huge a fan of the phone and then use another JUMP when the Note 5 comes out.

I was kind of in the same boat. I had a Nexus 5, loved it.. but the battery performance and flaky focusing kind of got tiring, so I jumped over to a G3... and while that phone was awesome.... really... great phone... I found myself pining away for the cleaner software of the Nexus 5. I fussed around with some AOSP builds on the G3 but those didn't work out all that well since to really get the most out of that camera, you needed LG's stuff running the show. When the Nexus 6 was released, I stewed on it for a couple of weeks before I pulled the trigger and traded in my G3.

Couldn't be happier. When the 5.1 stuff loaded, the thing is lightening fast, responsive, smooth. I mean, you have a Note 4, so I am guessing the size won't bother you too much. Yes, the Note 4 has a better camera, but the 6's shooter takes good shots in its own right.

But its the software experience... everything is clean and looks as it was orginally intended to be.

llfloyd79

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Which JUMP are you on? The first one or the revised one? If you are on the original... what are you waiting for?! :) Worst case you aren't that huge a fan of the phone and then use another JUMP when the Note 5 comes out.

I was kind of in the same boat. I had a Nexus 5, loved it.. but the battery performance and flaky focusing kind of got tiring, so I jumped over to a G3... and while that phone was awesome.... really... great phone... I found myself pining away for the cleaner software of the Nexus 5. I fussed around with some AOSP builds on the G3 but those didn't work out all that well since to really get the most out of that camera, you needed LG's stuff running the show. When the Nexus 6 was released, I stewed on it for a couple of weeks before I pulled the trigger and traded in my G3.

Couldn't be happier. When the 5.1 stuff loaded, the thing is lightening fast, responsive, smooth. I mean, you have a Note 4, so I am guessing the size won't bother you too much. Yes, the Note 4 has a better camera, but the 6's shooter takes good shots in its own right.

But its the software experience... everything is clean and looks as it was orginally intended to be.

I have the newest JUMP, but I just picked up my Note 4 this past Saturday so I'm well within my 14 day return. Yeah I would have to pay restocking fee of course but that's cool. You really got me debating now and thinking about it even more lol.

WP7Nettwerk

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I love Motorola Moto X (2nd gen) design. And Nexus 6 is sexy and perfect size for me. No I don't have big hands but I love big phones. Nexus 6 feels perfect in my hands what I can't say about iPhone 6. Big thanks to Google for this.

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Was just getting a feel for it and running it through its paces lol.

Attachments

• 23086.jpg
    23086.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 101
  • 23087.jpg
    23087.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 101

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site

If you don't NEED S-pen and touchwiz, don't hesitate. Smooth as butter, and fast as all get out. The screen is awesome for media, the speakers are pretty loud and clear, and the camera is above average. Pull the trigger!

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Well, give us your initial thoughts. Welcome aboard btw.

It is definitely smooth! Apps open instantly! I do have to stop tapping on the screen and looking for the button on the back of the phone lmao! But my last two phones was the g2 and the g3. So it will take some getting used to. But I'm liking the N6 so far! Thanks for the welcome!

Oofa

May 22, 2013
Visit site

I used my JUMP to get a Note 4 a couple of months ago. Then I ran into a friend with a Nexus 6. It felt so much better in my hand and the screen is just incredibly uncluttered and straight forward. I find it much better all around than the Note 4. The Note 4 feels so much smaller than the Nexus but the Nexus fits my hands best. I ended up buying a barely used Nexus 6 on eBay and keeping my Note 4 as a back up Android but I can't put the Nexus down. So far, it's outshining every other phone I've ever used.

squareturtle

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I drove over my old nexus 4 last week (so sad). And my new nexus 6 should be here sometime this week. I'm pretty psyched. A bit worried about the size... I think I'll like it though. Should be quite a jump up in specs!!!!

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I drove over my old nexus 4 last week (so sad). And my new nexus 6 should be here sometime this week. I'm pretty psyched. A bit worried about the size... I think I'll like it though. Should be quite a jump up in specs!!!!

Don't worry about the size. Few days using this great phone and every other phone less than 5.5 inch screen will look like a child's toy to you lol

MoneyMike84

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I was very worried about the size. Was never a fan of large phones. After a couple days it was very comfortable and i was one hand texting with it. I don't think I'd ever be happy with anything smaller now.

squareturtle

May 25, 2015
Visit site
It's a trade off. I love the idea of the big screen for many things, games and media, etc.. but I have a feeling I won't be pocketing it as much as I have my old 4. I'm excited. Really can't wait for it to arrive, I'm currently using my old htc sensation which still works and is better than nothing as an interim phone, but gosh is it slow.

MoneyMike84

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
It's a trade off. I love the idea of the big screen for many things, games and media, etc.. but I have a feeling I won't be pocketing it as much as I have my old 4. I'm excited. Really can't wait for it to arrive, I'm currently using my old htc sensation which still works and is better than nothing as an interim phone, but gosh is it slow.
As long as you don't wear skinny jeans it will fit in your pocket just fine lol

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

I was too excited as well waiting on my N6 to arrive. It wasn't supposed to be delivered until this past Friday but to my surprise it came on Thursday! I couldn't wait to get off work and go pick it up from FedEx lol.

Posted from my Nexus 6

squareturtle

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Okay. It's been a week-ish and I love it. Tight fit in the pocketses but the screen is worth it. Lollipop runs so nicely on it, it's sooo much faster than my nexus 4. And oh gosh LTE is nice (really should have rooted my 4 and gotten it up and running).

Also, way better gps for ingress.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair