For Those Who are Rooted: Nexus 6 Google Play Services Framework Battery Drain Fix

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I posted recently about looking at reviews for the Nexus 6 on Amazon, and there was one recent review in particular that caught my eye. The person in question talked of rooting his co-worker's Nexus 6 and tweaking it to the point where the device now achieves great battery life. I asked him what he had done in short, and he directed me to his post on XDA. Since I'm a member, I searched his name, and came upon his detailed post. These tweaks, however, can work on any rooted Android device. Here's the post, for those who are interested:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2357417

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
And thanks for putting "For Those Who Are Rooted" at the head of your title!

Drives me crazy when I read articles online about some cool new thing you can do with a phone and don't get to the "Oh, of course, you have to be rooted" line until paragraph #4.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
From the XDA post, "This is a good old fashioned dirty fix, as it breaks some things."

Well, yeah!

I mean, you can get your battery to last for days - no, weeks! - all you need to do is to turn the phone off entirely. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay