I'm curious to know what they are going to call the next Nexus.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Doubtful. I'm thinking this Nexus 6 will be the last for awhile if ever.

Man I hope not. I can't see myself dropping to a smaller screen now. This phone hits the sweet spot for me. Maybe they'll refresh this phone for 2015.

Posted via the Android Central App

Albert Delgado

May 5, 2015
Visit site
I did hear some things about Huawei making the next one. Honestly I don't really care who makes one as long as there is one.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I did hear some things about Huawei making the next one. Honestly I don't really care who makes one as long as there is one.

Yeah, Huawei seems to make decent phones. I don't care as long as the radios are good, the build is solid, the camera is above average, and battery lasts a day. I want Nexus!

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Doubtful. I'm thinking this Nexus 6 will be the last for awhile if ever.

Do you have a reason to think this? Have you heard anything from Google themselves? Since there has been a new Nexus every year since 2010, I would bet money there will be another one this year.

Rumor is a 5.7" from Huawei.
I'm used to the 6" form factor now, but really hope it's no smaller than 5.7"

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I think I'm OK with a phone in the 5.5-6" range, but I don't think I could go back to a phone smaller than that (my old N5 and my wife's Moto X'14 feel like childish toys now when I hold them).

Last edited:

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Do you have a reason to think this? Have you heard anything from Google themselves? Since there has been a new Nexus every year since 2010, I would bet money there will be another one this year.

I'm ok was the Nexus 6, but I would like it a little smaller. So 5.7" would be very welcomed. And I agree, they aren't killing the Nexus program.

joe_m_p

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm guessing the next Nexus device will be made by LG and resemble the LG G4. Lucky us. Mark my words.

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

Oh I'm sure they'll release another Nexus but not a Nexus 6. I guess at 5.7" is that not closer to 6"? They'll only release one size for a phone per year so this 5.7 will be it. The line is really getting blurred on these sizes. But the consensus is that 6"s is too big and for right now the sales show it so I don't see why they manufacture a refresh on a phone size that didn't sell well.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Oh I'm sure they'll release another Nexus but not a Nexus 6. I guess at 5.7" is that not closer to 6"? They'll only release one size for a phone per year so this 5.7 will be it. The line is really getting blurred on these sizes. But the consensus is that 6"s is too big and for right now the sales show it so I don't see why they manufacture a refresh on a phone size that didn't sell well.
They never sell well. It's not a money maker for Google and it isn't expected to make them a bunch of money. Those earnings reports that came out aren't any different than years past.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
They never sell well. It's not a money maker for Google and it isn't expected to make them a bunch of money. Those earnings reports that came out aren't any different than years past.

Actually that's not true - they specifically attributed a drop in their "other" revenue departments to poor sales of the Nexus 6 and Nexus 9 compared to Nexus sales last year. True the Nexus line is never a top seller, but that doesn't mean they don't want to sell them.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/04/24/decline-in-nexus-hurts-nexus-6-sales/

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Actually that's not true - they specifically attributed a drop in their "other" revenue to poor sales of the Nexus 6 compared to Nexus sales last year. True the Nexus line is never a top seller, but that doesn't mean they don't want to sell them.
Of course they want to sell them, but they're not a money maker. Just because they did less than last year doesn't mean the won't keep making Nexus phones. They aren't going away. Just because they didn't reach their goal doesn't mean they kill off the program. And I think that article is right - the decline has more to do with price than size.

Hardware is not what makes Google their money.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Oh, I heartily agree that they'll keep making Nexus phones, but I could see them stepping back from the 6" screen size if they feel that's what hurt sales numbers.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Oh, I heartily agree that they'll keep making Nexus phones, but I could see them stepping back from the 6" screen size if they feel that's what hurt sales numbers.
I think it was price, not size. The 5 was a great phone. And especially at the price. If the 6 was about $150-200 less, it would have sold a ton.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Of course they want to sell them, but they're not a money maker. Just because they did less than last year doesn't mean the won't keep making Nexus phones. They aren't going away. Just because they didn't reach their goal doesn't mean they kill off the program. And I think that article is right - the decline has more to do with price than size.

Hardware is not what makes Google their money.

They could sell their Nexus phones for $99 and it still wouldn't put a dent into all the money they make. Billions and billions.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
They could sell their Nexus phones for $99 and it still wouldn't put a dent into all the money they make. Billions and billions.
Oh I know. I'm just saying that it would have sold better if it was cheaper. And that's also why just because it didn't sell well doesn't mean they're killing it off. They don't expect to make much money off of them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca