05-12-2015 04:14 PM
32 12
tools
    I'm hoping that that there is another one coming out. What do you guys think?

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-08-2015 01:27 PM
    I'm hoping that that there is another one coming out. What do you guys think?

There probably will be another one. I just hope there is a 6" option. Maybe Nexus 6 2015?
    05-08-2015 01:30 PM
    There probably will be another one. I just hope there is a 6" option. Maybe Nexus 6 2015?
    Doubtful. I'm thinking this Nexus 6 will be the last for awhile if ever.
    05-08-2015 04:50 PM
    Man I hope not. I can't see myself dropping to a smaller screen now. This phone hits the sweet spot for me. Maybe they'll refresh this phone for 2015.

Ed Briggs likes this.
    05-08-2015 04:56 PM
    Rumor is a 5.7" from Huawei.
    Albert Delgado likes this.
    05-08-2015 06:57 PM
    I did hear some things about Huawei making the next one. Honestly I don't really care who makes one as long as there is one.

05-08-2015 08:21 PM
    I did hear some things about Huawei making the next one. Honestly I don't really care who makes one as long as there is one.

Yeah, Huawei seems to make decent phones. I don't care as long as the radios are good, the build is solid, the camera is above average, and battery lasts a day. I want Nexus!
    05-08-2015 11:25 PM
    I predict another Lg based on the G4 called simply nexus
    05-08-2015 11:39 PM
    Do you have a reason to think this? Have you heard anything from Google themselves? Since there has been a new Nexus every year since 2010, I would bet money there will be another one this year.

Rumor is a 5.7" from Huawei.
    I'm used to the 6" form factor now, but really hope it's no smaller than 5.7"
    05-08-2015 11:59 PM
    I think I'm OK with a phone in the 5.5-6" range, but I don't think I could go back to a phone smaller than that (my old N5 and my wife's Moto X'14 feel like childish toys now when I hold them).
    05-09-2015 09:57 AM
    Do you have a reason to think this? Have you heard anything from Google themselves? Since there has been a new Nexus every year since 2010, I would bet money there will be another one this year.

I'm ok was the Nexus 6, but I would like it a little smaller. So 5.7" would be very welcomed. And I agree, they aren't killing the Nexus program.
    05-09-2015 10:37 AM
    I'm guessing the next Nexus device will be made by LG and resemble the LG G4. Lucky us. Mark my words.

05-09-2015 10:39 AM

Oh I'm sure they'll release another Nexus but not a Nexus 6. I guess at 5.7" is that not closer to 6"? They'll only release one size for a phone per year so this 5.7 will be it. The line is really getting blurred on these sizes. But the consensus is that 6"s is too big and for right now the sales show it so I don't see why they manufacture a refresh on a phone size that didn't sell well.
    05-09-2015 01:29 PM
    Oh I'm sure they'll release another Nexus but not a Nexus 6. I guess at 5.7" is that not closer to 6"? They'll only release one size for a phone per year so this 5.7 will be it. The line is really getting blurred on these sizes. But the consensus is that 6"s is too big and for right now the sales show it so I don't see why they manufacture a refresh on a phone size that didn't sell well.
    They never sell well. It's not a money maker for Google and it isn't expected to make them a bunch of money. Those earnings reports that came out aren't any different than years past.
    05-09-2015 01:33 PM
    They never sell well. It's not a money maker for Google and it isn't expected to make them a bunch of money. Those earnings reports that came out aren't any different than years past.
    Actually that's not true - they specifically attributed a drop in their "other" revenue departments to poor sales of the Nexus 6 and Nexus 9 compared to Nexus sales last year. True the Nexus line is never a top seller, but that doesn't mean they don't want to sell them.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/04...nexus-6-sales/
    05-09-2015 01:47 PM
    Actually that's not true - they specifically attributed a drop in their "other" revenue to poor sales of the Nexus 6 compared to Nexus sales last year. True the Nexus line is never a top seller, but that doesn't mean they don't want to sell them.
    Of course they want to sell them, but they're not a money maker. Just because they did less than last year doesn't mean the won't keep making Nexus phones. They aren't going away. Just because they didn't reach their goal doesn't mean they kill off the program. And I think that article is right - the decline has more to do with price than size.

Hardware is not what makes Google their money.
    Ed Briggs likes this.
    05-09-2015 01:49 PM
    Oh, I heartily agree that they'll keep making Nexus phones, but I could see them stepping back from the 6" screen size if they feel that's what hurt sales numbers.
    05-09-2015 01:51 PM
    Oh, I heartily agree that they'll keep making Nexus phones, but I could see them stepping back from the 6" screen size if they feel that's what hurt sales numbers.
    I think it was price, not size. The 5 was a great phone. And especially at the price. If the 6 was about $150-200 less, it would have sold a ton.
    05-09-2015 01:53 PM
    Of course they want to sell them, but they're not a money maker. Just because they did less than last year doesn't mean the won't keep making Nexus phones. They aren't going away. Just because they didn't reach their goal doesn't mean they kill off the program. And I think that article is right - the decline has more to do with price than size.

Hardware is not what makes Google their money.
    They could sell their Nexus phones for $99 and it still wouldn't put a dent into all the money they make. Billions and billions.
    05-09-2015 01:54 PM
    They could sell their Nexus phones for $99 and it still wouldn't put a dent into all the money they make. Billions and billions.
    Oh I know. I'm just saying that it would have sold better if it was cheaper. And that's also why just because it didn't sell well doesn't mean they're killing it off. They don't expect to make much money off of them.
    05-09-2015 02:06 PM
    ⬆This..... N6 was overpriced for what most folks wanted to pay. Would have sold more if cheaper.

05-09-2015 11:37 PM
    Well, I won't buy one anyway, but they should make it smaller and less expensive. Actually if they did that maybe I would buy another one again.
    05-10-2015 12:25 AM
    I think it was price, not size. The 5 was a great phone. And especially at the price. If the 6 was about $150-200 less, it would have sold a ton.
    I think that more people agree with you, but it was the opposite for me at first. The price didn't bother me at first, but the size did when I went to hold it in the store. The only reason that I changed my mind to buy the Nexus 6 was the announcement that the Nexus 6 would be the only phone for Google's Project Fi.

Now of course, I would have appreciated a lower price!
    05-11-2015 10:28 AM
    I think that more people agree with you, but it was the opposite for me at first. The price didn't bother me at first, but the size did when I went to hold it in the store. The only reason that I changed my mind to buy the Nexus 6 was the announcement that the Nexus 6 would be the only phone for Google's Project Fi.

Now of course, I would have appreciated a lower price!
    Yeah, I actually was ok with the price. I think it's in line with other phones that offer this kind of package. But I can see how many others think differently. The Nexus previously seemed like a solid, if not exceptional, phone at a good price. The 6 blew that out of the water. The size bothered me, and was the reason I got rid of it in the first place. But I have since gone back and am learning to love it again. It is so much smoother than the S6 and I think stock Android just looks better than any other skin out there.
    05-11-2015 10:33 AM
    I heard and update to the nexus 5

05-11-2015 05:26 PM
32 12